1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Font Rectangle Material property Parallel Pattern

Font Number Pattern Parallel Document

Font Number Pattern Document Symmetry

Pontiac like an old WW2 solder on a remote island is still fighting on with 4 new car sales in 2021, and outselling Opel again in Japan and Opel being a car company heading for world domination according to Rupert, where is Rupert Trooper when you want him. Caddy out sell Ford in Japan.

South Koreans loved by the Japanese, Hyundai hits 2 sales.

N-Box is looking rather sleek

One thing you can help but notice, that is nearly all the car sales are Japanese, there is not much of a car sales level playing field here? In the worlds 2nd largest "car" market.

·
Premium Member
34,666 Posts
Seriously, Cadillac needs to do right hand drive, even just for notoriety, highly loaded models, just to sell 5 in Australia, 1 in Kenya 7 in India, 8 in SathaFrica 10 in UK, 6 in Singapore, like that.. just because its Cadillac. I would..
And Run commercial's only on National event days like Cricket days on around the commonwealth, Why not.. its Cadillac... Sell one to an adventurous Kiwi.. to drive to the Haka with.. and to the Yakuza bwoys sell two...

·
Registered
360 Posts
GM sells more Cadillacs in Saudi Arabia despite us being a much smaller market with less than a quarter of the population, and despite the Chinese decimating almost everyone except Toyota

How did they sell a new Pontiac and a new Hummer?
Unsold since 2009 I guess

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How did they sell a new Pontiac and a new Hummer?
They have sold 4 Pontiac's & 2 Hummer's YTD, they must have been covered in dust with seized up brakes.

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Seriously, Cadillac needs to do right hand drive, even just for notoriety, highly loaded models, just to sell 5 in Australia, 1 in Kenya 7 in India, 8 in South Africa 10 in UK, 6 in Singapore, like that.. just because its Cadillac. I would..
And Run commercial's only on National event days like Cricket days on around the commonwealth, Why not.. its Cadillac... Sell one to an adventurous Kiwi.. to drive to the Haka with.. and to the Yakuza bwoys sell two...
I think Cadillac will surprise a lot of people sell a lot more than that once their is a level EV global playing field in RHD markets you mention, just ask Tesla how many they sold in LHD China and how many markets Tesla were No1 in Europe in a few countries last month. But Japanese RHD market is a completely different market nobody has really cracked the mass market yet except the Japanese. In the luxury market Mercedes Benz have managed to ruffle Lexus feathers a bit.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I think Cadillac will surprise a lot of people sell a lot more than that once their is a level EV global playing field in RHD markets you mention, just ask Tesla how many they sold in LHD China and how many markets Tesla were No1 in Europe last month. But Japanese RHD market is a completely different market nobody has really cracked the mass market yet except the Japanese. In the luxury market Mercedes Benz have managed to ruffle Lexus feathers a bit.
Even before Lexus, Toyota controlled the market with the Crown lineup

·
Premium Member
34,666 Posts
I think Cadillac will surprise a lot of people sell a lot more than that once their is a level EV global playing field in RHD markets you mention, just ask Tesla how many they sold in LHD China and how many markets Tesla were No1 in Europe last month. But Japanese RHD market is a completely different market nobody has really cracked the mass market yet except the Japanese. In the luxury market Mercedes Benz have managed to ruffle Lexus feathers a bit.
Japan is an Island unto itself

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
I clicked on this knowing before that it would be some "Ha ha look at the pathetic number of cars Cadillac sold in Japan!" posting.

I think people in any country should buy what they like, buy the best vehicle for their needs. But this [USA] country's industry would be well served by having a least a bit of the Japanese proclivity for favoring their own manufacturers. Look at those top 50 cars, every single one of them from a Japanese manufacturer.

·
Banned
660 Posts
I think Cadillac will surprise a lot of people sell a lot more than that once their is a level EV global playing field in RHD markets you mention, just ask Tesla how many they sold in LHD China and how many markets Tesla were No1 in Europe in a few countries last month. But Japanese RHD market is a completely different market nobody has really cracked the mass market yet except the Japanese. In the luxury market Mercedes Benz have managed to ruffle Lexus feathers a bit.
I agree, I think Cadillac has been just waiting for the last hand full of years trying to get to the EV era. Cadillac doesn't want to deal with the cars they have now. Cadillac wants a all EV line up, you can tell where the money is being put.

·
Banned
660 Posts
I clicked on this knowing before that it would be some "Ha ha look at the pathetic number of cars Cadillac sold in Japan!" posting.

I think people in any country should buy what they like, buy the best vehicle for their needs. But this [USA] country's industry would be well served by having a least a bit of the Japanese proclivity for favoring their own manufacturers. Look at those top 50 cars, every single one of them from a Japanese manufacturer.
And people give me crap for only supporting GM. I know it's a crazy concept. Do I think GM does everything right? No, but the things GM struggle with is not a reason for me to ever leave.

·
Registered
18,616 Posts

Certainly is a state of mind in Japan - but, I doubt we will ever be able to change the American publics buying habits anymore than the Japanese buying habits can be changed. Are there any foreign car makes seriously trying to crack the Japanese market anymore? It'll never be cracked if no one tries, but at the same time, it seems like a market that needs a lot of money and time to crack - is it worth the effort?

·
Registered
44,254 Posts

Well, it took even Lexus a little while to get ramped up in the JDM, mainly because Toyota was still selling it's Toyota-branded luxury cars, which had the heritage and notoriety Lexus lacked.
That being said, I think Mercedes is the sales leader in Japan for luxury cars, though, it may have been surpassed by Lexus. I'm not entirely sure.

Tesla is only selling Model 3 in Japan at this time. And sales aren't that good, and are actually lower than Land Rover. For now.

JDM is difficult, just because of the way it is structured. It's their clever way of making it difficult for imports to succeed in Japan, without direct tariffs, which would cause all sorts of other trade issues.
Only brands with significant brand/name recognition and built-in respect (i.e. Mercedes-Benz) can make any headway in the JDM. The rest won't... and that includes BMW and Audi. So unless a car company spends billions of yen on creating the infrastructure and relationships to support JDM sales, sales will be minimal at best. Sure, a company can spend those billions of yen, but even Mercedes can only eke out ~65-70K cars a year. The ROI simply isn't there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts