GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Banned
2,358 Posts
But from those shots.. I'm sure to some.. the interior looks like absolute ****.

Reactions: SKH

· Banned
2,358 Posts
Reactions: Butz

· Banned
2,358 Posts
U know what is weird? Not just here, but all over the web... Who would think that a brand such as Cadillac ..a brand that is supposed to be so damaged... would get so much attention with every release that it does? Including this one.

I don't think the new "Quasimodo " from Bentley got this much attention

Reactions: dslay04

· Banned
2,358 Posts
Are we sure these pics aren't from a Caddy dealer lot?
I mean, people are just walking by and not even noticing it!!
;)
:lmao: NO

Just like they do with the SRX right??? Then they do a double take.. get happy in their panties, run to the bank and get a check ready for down payment.

Sitting right there at #26.. not to shabby being above the MDX and X5, and next luxo away from the RX. And Before anyone says it.. ATP on the SRX vs the RX (according to True Car ) is almost identical. at $43K for both

· Banned
2,358 Posts
Well... You're not wrong.
Ultimately, the problem is Cadillac doesn't have a platform that a "proper" and "competitive" CUV can rid on. And if it does, they're not using it effectively.

So, Cadillac has to create a positive spin on it. So, they do the only thing they can do -- fly one in by helicopter into Manhattan.
The SRX/XT5 platform is just as competent as the FWD Benz platform and most likely better... and U know it.

The Helicopter thing over Manhattan... was just BOSS

· Banned
2,358 Posts
Dark interior Shot

· Banned
2,358 Posts
With all due respect, I think that's doubtful. Obviously we know little about the new platform, but it's probably similar in concept to the current one, as most new platforms are to their predecessor. The Grand Cherokee-M-GL platform is plenty capable off-road while being refined on road, and as a basis allows for very powerful engine options. The SRX's mainstream roots (hybrid platform or otherwise) means you can't put a 550 horsepower V-8 in it, and with items like the chin it's no rival off-road either, even ignoring MB's available off-road package or extra off-roading options on the Jeep. And I'm not being anti-Cadillac here. The Lexus RX and Acura MDX have the same problem. Their basic platform, transmissions, and so on are all adapted from more humble vehicles and therefore do not support what it takes to offer a full line that can compete with the more prominent and expensive German rivals. Off-roading isn't a requirement here, but I'm just mentioning the merits of that specific platform. While it's entirely possible that the new XT5 or MKX or RX are modified sufficiently to accommodate more powerful and exclusive options that would raise the image and ATPs, at this point I think it's doubtful as none of them have intentions of doing so with these products. They're still entry-luxury products. Which again is totally fine and not a problem, but that doesn't mean it's an equal to some of the better platforms.
No respect needed... U don't depend on me for food, shelter, or clothes on your back ...

The last I checked the M-GL is not FWD. I'm pretty confident that the new xT5 will be competent enough to still deal with those as well. If not the .09 % they will be off-road then the 99.01% of the time they will be cruising to the local Starbucks.

· Banned
2,358 Posts
The CTS rear quarter panel does not look like it goes with the rest of the sedan. It appears to bulky to me. I think the upcoming CT6 has the exact same design language in the rear quarter panel too. Very disappointed in Cadillac new design!
Every one is entitled to their own opinion I guess. Me personally. . I think the CTS is so much better looking than that Jellybean in your avatar

· Banned
2,358 Posts
Yet many can afford the A6, 535i, E350 if you look what luxury cars are on the roadways but very rare you see a current model CTS!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Depends where U are. In MD.. I see those sinister light blades coming up on me daily.. several times. I see POS Audi A6s all time too.. usually getting up on a Rollback tho.

· Banned
2,358 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.