GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Next years racing season looks like its going to sizzle.. Johnny O'Connell is is a terror on the track and Andy Pilgrim is a perfect side kick.. he can really defend.. I am of the opinion that Johnny O’Connell deserves a medal of freedom.. He is truly a great driver..

Finally, this is good news for Cadillac, they are going racing with their own engine breaking free from Chevrolet for once.

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder if this twin turbo V6 has anything in common with the Chevrolet Indy Twin Turbo V6 by GM and Ilmor Engineering.
I believe it does if you check out the Road & Track article in the other thread.

Also, for those whining about the V badge being up top, this is why:

Sensors are on the bottom of the trunklid.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
They do it again with another badass ride. Hopefully some of the engine tech and management is trickled down to a special edition ATS-V.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
I believe it does if you check out the Road & Track article in the other thread.

Also, for those whining about the V badge being up top, this is why:

Sensors are on the bottom of the trunklid.
The answer is no, per R&T. This engine is based on the LF3 and is called the LF4.R. Just modified for race use. So, I think we've found the upper limit of the LF3/4 family @ 600hp.

Transitioning from the one-of-a-kind rumble produced by the V8 CTS-V.R's to the new 3.6-liter twin-turbo V6 follows GM Racing's recent emphasis on promoting its forced-induction technology. Through its relationship with racing-engine builder Ilmor, GM uses a 2.2-liter TT-V6 Chevy powerplant in the Verizon IndyCar Series, and with the new ATS-V.R motor, Vurpillat says the decision was made to keep the project in-house and in the hands of GM Racing's powertrain experts.

"What we really like is the heart of the race car being the 3.6-liter twin turbo. There’s a production variant of that, and I love that linkage between them," he adds, referencing the 600-hp production-based LF4.R engine. "I think that gives us a great marketing story to talk to our owners, to talk to dealers, to talk to prospective buyers. The whole idea of racing for us is growing the Cadillac brand and its performance credentials. If you can tie the race car to the road car, you just get more credibility."

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
It'll be interesting to see what upgrades Audi brings next year. It was close this year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts