·
Super Moderator
21,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cadillac Opens Ordering for 2016 ATS-V
Dual-purpose performance luxury compact designed for the track, touring
General Motors

February 10, 2015

DETROIT – Cadillac dealers have begun accepting orders for the 2016 ATS-V – the brand’s inaugural luxury compact performance car starting production this spring.

Available in sedan and coupe forms, the twin-turbocharged ATS-V offers a dual-purpose luxury performance experience: a car with true track capability straight from the factory with sophisticated road manners.

Powered by the segment’s highest-output six-cylinder engine – the Cadillac Twin Turbo rated at 455 horsepower (339 kW) and 445 lb-ft of torque (603 Nm) – the ATS-V achieves 0-60 performance in 3.9 seconds and a top speed of 189 mph. The Cadillac Twin Turbo engine is backed by a six-speed manual – with Active Rev Match, no-lift shifting and launch control – or a paddle-shift eight-speed automatic transmission featuring launch control and Performance Algorithm Shift.

“The V-Series is the ultimate expression of Cadillac’s re-ignited product substance and the passion at the core of our brand,” said Johan de Nysschen, Cadillac president.

“The ATS-V expands the V-Series lineup, bringing a new kind of performance character to Cadillac. Lightweight, agile and potent, the ATS-V will make an ideal pairing with the larger and even more powerful all-new 2016 CTS-V midsize sedan, which arrives later this summer,” he said.

In the U.S., the 2016 ATS-V sedan carries a starting price of $61,460 and the ATS-V coupe is priced from $63,660. Consumers can order ATS-Vs now through dealers and begin specifying their own ATS-V online at www.cadillac.com in April.

Additional performance technologies built into the ATS-V include:

• Brembo high-performance brake system developed for track-day performance capability straight from the factory
  • Third-generation Magnetic Ride Control, which delivers 40 percent faster damping response
  • Integrated chassis controls that provide balanced performance for touring and the track, including class-exclusive Performance Traction Management
  • Tri-compound tires offering excellent grip with extended tire wear
  • Available downforce-generating track aerodynamics package
  • Standard carbon fiber hood

An available Performance Data Recorder allows drivers to record high-definition video, with data overlays, of their driving experiences on and off the track, enabling sharing on social media.

More than just a desirable road car, the ATS-V will also become Cadillac’s entrant into the world of motorsports. Even before the new car hits the showroom, Cadillac Racing’s new ATS-V.R racecar will begin the Pirelli World Challenge GT 2015 season March 7-8 at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas. Cadillac Racing is the three-time defending manufacturer’s and driver’s champion in the series, which features legendary marques such as Audi, Ferrari and Porsche.

The ATS-V will be assembled at the Lansing Grand River assembly plant in Michigan.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
That's previous Gen CTS V money, right? Comparable to the competition. I just want to see the reviews and see how it stacks up against the M3/4 and the C63.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
So in a theoretical sense, the pricepoint of this puts the ATS-V roughly in the position of the last CTS-V in price (and performance). CTS-V starts north of Z06 is my guess.

·
Registered
19,351 Posts
Price seems to be reasonable for what it is. I can't wait to read how this beast is on the road!

Just got a 2015 ATS 2.0T loaner this morning (my 2013 ATS 2.0T is in the shop for a couple of recalls) - the minor changes in steering and torque are increadible! If I wouldn't take a bath on depreciation I'd trade my '13 in for the '15!

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
ATS-V sedan starts about $1K more than the CTS V-sport. Granted, the 3.6TT is a little more powerful in the ATS-V than the CTS V-sport however, I just don't get how Cadillac is slotting these cars. If the engines were really different (like an LT1 in the ATS-V) I wouldn't see as much of an issue.

·
Registered
981 Posts
For the record:

Cadillac ATS V sedan - $61,460,
BMW M3 - $62,000

Lexus RCF - $62,400
Mercedes C63 AMG - $63,000
Cadillac ATS-V - $63,660
BMW M4 - $64,200
Audi RS5 - $70,900
CTS-V Coupe $71,200 (outgoing, but still for sale)

The final 2014 CTS-V sedan started at $63,600 according to Cars.com. The IS F and RS4 are no longer available and the C63 is coupe only. Too bad Infiniti said no to the Eau Rogue.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
For the record:

Cadillac ATS V sedan - $61,460,
BMW M3 - $62,000

Lexus RCF - $62,400
Mercedes C63 AMG - $63,000
Cadillac ATS-V - $63,660
BMW M4 - $64,200
Audi RS5 - $70,900

The IS F and RS4 are no longer available and the C63 is coupe only. Too bad Infiniti said no to the Eau Rogue.
Indeed, a very reasonable price point.

Now, how much do options cost?

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Reactions: Bad Bart

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
I think the only options are the wheel finish, interior/exterior color, and if you want the super bolstered seats. So basically 63k out the door w/ all boxes checked for a sedan.
Not quite.............

There's that carbon fiber trim package too. Still don't have pricing on that.
$5,000

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Very reasonable if it's pretty much loaded out! I wouldn't want the spoiler on it anyway!

*Options*

Carbon Fiber

Safety and Security

Protection

Cadillac CUE and Navigation

Track Performance

Luxury

Performance Data and Video Recorder

Front License Plate Bracket

Calipers, Red

Calipers, Dark Gold

Head-Up Display

Recaro Performance Seats

Sueded Microfiber Steering Wheel and Shifter Knob

Sunroof

Transmission, 8-speed auto

18" Polished Aluminum Wheels

Paint: Crystal White Tri-Coat, Red Obsession Tintcoat, Phantom Gray Metallic, Vector Blue Metallic

1 - 20 of 79 Posts