GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I won't pay for this feature, unless they are paying me for my feedback to their system and/or the hardware is free. But to pay for the hardware and then also pay to use it is just total BS.

·
Registered
44,313 Posts
It's interesting, but what's the logic of creating an all new brand instead of marketing it as a "significant update" to SuperCruise?
GM's done this before with "The NorthStar System." With the NorthStar System you get all these other things that make up the system.
GM should have kept "SuperCruise" and then added components to it, branding those components.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
It's interesting, but what's the logic of creating an all new brand instead of marketing it as a "significant update" to SuperCruise?
GM's done this before with "The NorthStar System." With the NorthStar System you get all these other things that make up the system.
GM should have kept "SuperCruise" and then added components to it, branding those components.
They created a new name because the old system will be expanding along side the new system. Supercruise itself already has more than one variant on the market. A new name was needed.

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
44,313 Posts
They created a new name because the old system will be expanding along side the new system. Supercruise itself already has more than one variant on the market. A new name was needed.
Huh?
What do you mean expanding? Like adding new features?
And what do you mean by variants?

I know GM's added a few more features to SuperCruise fairly recently. But the system is/will be on 2 dozen cars or so eventually.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Huh?

I know GM's added a few more features to SuperCruise fairly recently. But the system is/will be on 2 dozen cars or so eventually.
Maybe this is another of Mark's brilliant ideas. Ultra Cruise is the "Blackwing" of Super Cruise. 😁 😉 💩

·
Premium Member
36,199 Posts
Because GM "marketing" is so half-fast that they think every idea their 8th grader kids float by them at the dinner table is brilliant.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Huh?

Supercruise 1.0 is the OG unit which can operate on the old electrical architecture. Which there are still a few models out there like the XT6.

Supercruise 2.0 is whats in the Slade and what the trucks will have. This system offers the artificial intelligence which will initiate a lane change by itself plus offers updated hardware vs 1.0

UltraCruise takes SC 2.0 to the next level with even more hardware updates plus the other stuff that’s been mentioned in the article. This system will be as close to full self driving as we will probably get to for a while yet.

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
Because that was just Super, this is Ultra.

·
Premium Member
36,199 Posts
Does this mean a new superhero will be coming out? When can we see the Ultraman movie?

Reactions: Mr.Buttons
21 - 38 of 38 Posts