GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Vehicle Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle

Super Cruise will no longer serve as GM's flagship Level 2 hands-free driver-assist system, as the company is announcing the availability of Ultra Cruise. The new setup, previously announced last year, is now set to debut in certain GM vehicles in 2023, with Cadillac being the first brand to offer the feature.

What separates Ultra Cruise from Super Cruise? Well, the short answer is that it brings the highway-only hands-free driving of Super Cruise to local roads and city streets. GM notes Ultra Cruise is capable of working on more than 2,000,000 miles worth of public roads in the United States and Canada.

·
Premium Member
34,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much a month?
It depends on how much you can milk from the system. But it would seem to me that OnStar is going methodically on improving its system and its now on the streets but its as far as reported much better and safe than other level two systems

·
Registered
18 F150 Sport 3.5, 18 WRX, 07 Town Car, 06 Explorer V8 Eddie Bauer
464 Posts
wonder if it knows to watch the city pot holes :rolleyes:

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
21,147 Posts
wonder if it knows to watch the city pot holes :rolleyes:
I know this was a joke, but they brought that up today' "knowing where the pot holes are"

Maybe GM should sue GM. Ultra Cruise is similar to Super Cruise.
I just shared this one with Jim Farley, he fell out of his chair laughing!

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
4,021 Posts
BTW, Musk already has hands-free cars. Even sitting-in-the-driver's-seat-free cars. It just depends on how creative and insanely stupid, and possibly drugged-up, the driver is.
+1
And there are lots of driverless cars in which a human is sitting in the driver's seat!

·
Premium Member
36,199 Posts
+1
And there are lots of driverless cars in which a human is sitting in the driver's seat!

Yes indeed. Who needs electronic gizmos that drive our cars when we already have electronic gizmos that DON'T drive our cars?

Reactions: gkr778

·
Registered
18,981 Posts
How much a month?
I've taken several surveys testing a ton of different pricing options, I wish I took some screenshots, but I remember a few crazy scenarios with a $10k upfront cost and $100+ a month subscription. That one got a big "NO" from me - I'd rather walk. I always selected the lowest cost options on the surveys, like $1,000 upfront cost and $10 a month.

Self driving is nice, but I'm not going to spend a fortune on it.

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
4,021 Posts
I wonder if Cadillac will do one version for the barrios?
That depends on whether GM engineers combine Ultra Cruise or Super Cruise with Discrimi-Nav, the "world's first fully racist GPS navigation system." :LOL:

·
Premium Member
36,199 Posts
That depends on whether GM engineers combine Ultra Cruise or Super Cruise with Discrimi-Nav, the "world's first fully racist GPS navigation system." :LOL:

Great post. What a hoot. Now watch, someone will actually come out with a DiscrimiNav.

Reactions: gkr778
1 - 20 of 38 Posts