GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
That's a great idea - Caddy would need to do something serious to the powertrain and body to make it stand out, though.

Maybe a Turbocharged 3.2L Ecotec V6 from Opel of Europe's Vectra GTS (hey, it has 300 torque) stuffed in there, with a removeable hardtop (power would weigh too much) and a few of Delphi's techno goodies.

3.2L Turbo Ecotec V6

·
Registered
651 Posts
oooooooh, i like, i like, it'd certainly be more affordable then the XLR and looks better then a Z3 and SLK, cram in a shortstar motor and it'd rock.

That name is sweet too, rappers would be all over their new "Killuh Veez!"

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
I like that a lot, I think there should be a new line of vehicles under the CTS, I see the CTS as a Lexus ES, Infiniti G35/I35 competitor, because its neither compact, nor midsize. Then there is room for a KTS, a KLR and a KTC. I like, I like...

·
Registered
651 Posts
Keep the curves! The big wheel wells look great and give it a unique flare over the XLR.

What if the wheel wells were kept tall be made into more of a hexagon shape and the lower cladding along the door flattened out?? And maybe the top fold (where the light darkens) were made into a sharper fold? Although thats prolly a lot of work and might end in horrible orrigami accident :p

·
Registered
44,258 Posts
Originally posted by frenstall@Jan 4 2004, 10:13 PM
Keep the curves! The big wheel wells look great and give it a unique flare over the XLR.

What if the wheel wells were kept tall be made into more of a hexagon shape and the lower cladding along the door flattened out?? And maybe the top fold (where the light darkens) were made into a sharper fold? Although thats prolly a lot of work and might end in horrible orrigami accident :p
ok ok.... it's a car... not origami. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
367 Posts
I like the curves better, I wonder what it would look like with a sixteen like grille.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Yeah, the first one deffinaly looks more along what I would like Caddy to do. The 2nd one looks like a MXLR= MiniXLR. A turbo 6 would be nice, or a blown version like the SLK320 AMG. That lil puppy can scoot.

·
Registered
750 Posts
NICE, I like it alot, just put in that TI5 and sell that biatch.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Smaller wheels/tires and less pwoerful engine under the hood. Not much different body wise. Not enough to merit another chop.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts