GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44,547 Posts
Same here - I was going to say I like that front a lot better than the Lyriq.

I'm not a fan of the back which reminds me of the Mercedes concept I just saw. I'm sure it is to achieve a low drag coefficient, but doesn't look great. Otherwise it's a contemporary looking concept - nothing that'll ever be produced nor does it have that "got to build it" good looks that GM has gotten into trouble with when they DON'T build it. I wonder if that is on purpose?

It's definitely much better than Lyric. Sleek yet aggressive, without looking klutzy.

I love the overall look of it.
Give it a more traditional interior and a 350-400 mile range. And call it Eldoradoiq, and it'll sell.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
When will they unveil the Celestiq? Wasn’t it supposed to be revealed around this time? I could be wrong.
In the presentation, Mary Barra said in the next few months

·
Registered
44,547 Posts
In the presentation, Mary Barra said in the next few months
Yup. And there's subtle teases of the car in the presentation as well, some of which we've already seen, like the dimming glass canopy.

I do find it funny that when Barra was speaking about Celestiq, she was speaking of a "fully bespoke" construction to the buyer's needs. I wonder just how far Cadillac is going to go with that?
The reason is, each Lucid is "fully bespoke" today and custom to each order. You select your options and Lucid builds it for you. Or, is it "fully bespoke" in the way a Rolls-Royce is? You choose you color -- any color, custom or off the shelf -- add seat materials, you color stitching, you wood selection or metal or stone, type of flooring, etc etc etc. Or is it something in the middle, like Range Rover?
There's a wide range of what that can mean for Celestiq, and I can't wait to hear what they have planned.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Yup. And there's subtle teases of the car in the presentation as well, some of which we've already seen, like the dimming glass canopy.

I do find it funny that when Barra was speaking about Celestiq, she was speaking of a "fully bespoke" construction to the buyer's needs. I wonder just how far Cadillac is going to go with that?
The reason is, each Lucid is "fully bespoke" today and custom to each order. You select your options and Lucid builds it for you. Or, is it "fully bespoke" in the way a Rolls-Royce is? You choose you color -- any color, custom or off the shelf -- add seat materials, you color stitching, you wood selection or metal or stone, type of flooring, etc etc etc. Or is it something in the middle, like Range Rover?
There's a wide range of what that can mean for Celestiq, and I can't wait to hear what they have planned.
From what I remember from earlier articles about the Celestiq, this will be closer to Bentley/Rolls with a $200k starting price, hand built, but only a few hundred will be made available each year.

Highly bespoke, highly exclusive as a halo sedan, which suggests (hopefully) spinoff sedan(s) at lower price points and smaller variants.

The original reporting on the Celestiq indicates it has old fashioned Cadillac-like length, if memory serves, at 225” in length. So, there is a lot room for smaller profit-making variants.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
It's a concept full of ideas that may or may not be reflected in future models. Meanwhile, over at Chrysler while nobody was watching, they released the exciting looking AIRFLOW concept. It's being referred to as a concept, but it appears very close to production ready, and represents a quantum leap in terms of execution for Chrysler. There's no build committment, but Chrysler needs this now. I'd consider buying or leasing the AIRFLOW.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but it's the most promising model from Chrysler in a very long time. The interior suggests a lounge, and it's due to have Level 3 automated driving, no hands, no eyes required, and works on 100% of paved US streets. AIRFLOW features 22 inch wheels, is 4WD with a motor on each axle, and has a glass roof.

This is a time of enormous change in the industry. Let's hope the nearly 90 year old model name has a better reception than the original, which was a victim of its own success. It was too forward looking, and the public wasn't ready yet, even though the entire industry eventually adopted the design breakthroughs. Chrysler is saying they will be 100% electric car company by 2028, an ambitious target date.

The Chrysler Airflow Concept represents the future direction of the Chrysler brand, providing a peek at the dynamic design, advanced technologies and seamless connectivity that will characterize the full-electric portfolio we plan to reach by 2028,” said Chris Feuell, Chrysler brand CEO – Stellantis. “Chrysler is an iconic American automotive brand, with a heritage in creating new advanced technologies and product segments. Our brand will serve at the forefront as Stellantis transforms to deliver clean mobility and connected customer experiences.”
Airflow Concept crossover road map to Stellantis's ...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts