GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cadillac Introduces InnerSpace Autonomous Concept at CES 2022
Two-person electric luxury concept offers vision of future personal mobility focused on elevating the passenger experience, grows Cadillac Halo Concept Portfolio
2022-01-05
Cadillac Press Release
Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Today, Cadillac expanded its vision of personal autonomous future mobility with the InnerSpace concept — a dramatic, two-passenger electric and autonomous luxury vehicle.

Leveraging cutting-edge technologies designed to enhance the passenger experience along with the increased personal time enabled by fully autonomous mobility, InnerSpace grows the Cadillac Halo Concept Portfolio of vehicles envisioned to not only move passengers in a luxurious environment but enhance their well-being. The Cadillac Halo Concept Portfolio represents future possibilities with a range of personal autonomous options and advanced connected vehicle features.

“The vehicles of the Cadillac Halo Concept Portfolio are designed to provide effortless travel through extraordinary means,” said Bryan Nesbitt, GM executive director, Global Advanced Design and Global Architecture Studio. “They are visions for the next decade and beyond, showing the possibilities enabled by General Motors’ comprehensive approach to autonomous drive technology with the goal of a world with zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion.”

Cadillac introduced the first two Halo concepts last year at CES: the PersonalSpace, a single-seat, personal vertical takeoff and landing concept designed to literally move its passenger above the din and congestion of ground traffic, and the SocialSpace, a roomy, autonomous vehicle for up to six, designed to help passengers relax and recharge.

Conceptually, the portfolio repurposes how passengers use their time while traveling, providing a space for solace and respite. Full autonomy relinquishes the responsibility of vehicle control while dramatic design and advanced technologies maintain the sensation of arriving in a Cadillac.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
When will they unveil the Celestiq? Wasn’t it supposed to be revealed around this time? I could be wrong.
No. Before today, there had been no announcement or public discussion of the Celestiq reveal. The only EV reveal that was publicly discussed for today was the Silverado EV. There had been some discussion of the reveal of the Sierra EV Denali, but it was not revealed. The announcement of the Blazer EV and the semi reveal of the Equinox EV were surprises--to me, at least. Today, Mary Barra announced that the Celestiq will be revealed during the first half of this year. So, you have until July to decide where or not you will buy the LYRIQ or wait for the Celestiq.

·
Registered
44,547 Posts
No. Before today, there had been no announcement or public discussion of the Celestiq reveal. The only EV reveal that was publicly discussed for today was the Silverado EV. There had been some discussion of the reveal of the Sierra EV Denali, but it was not revealed. The announcement of the Blazer EV and the semi reveal of the Equinox EV were surprises--to me, at least. Today, Mary Barra announced that the Celestiq will be revealed during the first half of this year. So, you have until July to decide where or not you will buy the LYRIQ or wait for the Celestiq.
Lyriq is $60,000.
Celestiq is (supposedly) $250,000. How that plays out remains to be seen. Lucid Air shows the current bar to meet at the $170,000 level. By all accounts, it's better than EQS too.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,441 Posts
Lyriq is $60,000.
Celestiq is (supposedly) $250,000. How that plays out remains to be seen. Lucid Air shows the current bar to meet at the $170,000 level. By all accounts, it's better than EQS too.
Supposedly the EQS is more overtly luxurious (although the Air isn't any no lux Tesla) but it's quite a bit slower and has less range. FWIW, Doug DeMuro did like the EQS.

The bar at that price point has been set very, very high.
You better be damn near perfect in every detail or forget it.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
When will they unveil the Celestiq? Wasn’t it supposed to be revealed around this time? I could be wrong.
Since they quoting early 2022 I’d guess probably at NY as long as that show doesn’t get cancelled.

Reactions: JTL2017

·
Registered
44,547 Posts
Supposedly the EQS is more overtly luxurious (although the Air isn't any no lux Tesla) but it's quite a bit slower and has less range. FWIW, Doug DeMuro did like the EQS.

The bar at that price point has been set very, very high.
You better be damn near perfect in every detail or forget it.
I haven't had time to check out the Air yet. A boutique just opened very close to me. I wanted to before the year was out, but I got busy and it was raining, so I got lazy.
Mercedes San Francisco just opened a massive new showroom, which I haven't visited yet either; however, no EQS are there.

EQS has this computer-mouse-meets-Dove-bar exterior look, but that interior does look quite luxurious.
By all accounts that I've read, the Air is definitely no slouch. Plus the battery tech is much better than the EQS. And it's got room to expand.

But at the price points that the EQS and Air have set, throw in Taycan and eTron GT (and Model S), and you know the bar is set quite high -- for performance, luxury, technology, and advanced tech. Cadillac just needs to put out a car that is worth $250,000, though, I still think that's the high-end of the range, and it'll probably start at $150,000, which is probably more in line with the competition.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
It looks like a rendering I did 35 years ago!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Mary did speak on Celestiq and it looked like they showed a corner of it briefly if you were paying attention. She said it will be revealed soon. I think sooner than later but who really knows since it’s been pushed back three times now.
This Cadillac Innerspace Concept reminds me a lot of this new Audi Sky Sphere Concept. Especially with that dramatic boat tail at the rear.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

·
Registered
272 Posts
Got to be honest I like the look of this thing a lot. Of the three of these things they've shown, this is definitely the nicest and most productionable. Not to say it would ever be put into production. But there is definitely stuff on here that's going to be part of the Celestiq. Even some of the more outlandish ideas like the roof don't seem very far off (probably not on the Celestiq though). These are the kind of automation concepts I'm interested in now days. It's been thoroughly demonstrated at this point that cars can drive on their own. Lets start seeing more concepts that are essentially your own personal train sleeper cars that work on your schedule.

What was the targeted price range of Celestiq again? Like 100 to 200 hundred thousand? It's launching with ultra cruise too. So something like this really isn't that outlandish to be honest. Probably not till at least gen two though , if Celestiq or whatever flagship Cadillac puts out ever makes it that far.

·
Registered
19,657 Posts
Well... the front end is better executed than Lyriq.
Same here - I was going to say I like that front a lot better than the Lyriq.

I'm not a fan of the back which reminds me of the Mercedes concept I just saw. I'm sure it is to achieve a low drag coefficient, but doesn't look great. Otherwise it's a contemporary looking concept - nothing that'll ever be produced nor does it have that "got to build it" good looks that GM has gotten into trouble with when they DON'T build it. I wonder if that is on purpose?

·
Registered
19,657 Posts
Got to be honest I like the look of this thing a lot. Of the three of these things they've shown, this is definitely the nicest and most productionable. Not to say it would ever be put into production. But there is definitely stuff on here that's going to be part of the Celestiq. Even some of the more outlandish ideas like the roof don't seem very far off (probably not on the Celestiq though). These are the kind of automation concepts I'm interested in now days. It's been thoroughly demonstrated at this point that cars can drive on their own. Lets start seeing more concepts that are essentially your own personal train sleeper cars that work on your schedule.

What was the targeted price range of Celestiq again? Like 100 to 200 hundred thousand? It's launching with ultra cruise too. So something like this really isn't that outlandish to be honest. Probably not till at least gen two though , if Celestiq or whatever flagship Cadillac puts out ever makes it that far.
I believe the Celestiq is supposed to be around the $200k price point.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mary did speak on Celestiq and it looked like they showed a corner of it briefly if you were paying attention. She said it will be revealed soon. I think sooner than later but who really knows since it’s been pushed back three times now.
This Cadillac Innerspace Concept reminds me a lot of this new Audi Sky Sphere Concept. Especially with that dramatic boat tail at the rear. View attachment 65171
They both look like something out of a dystopian science fiction film.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts