GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I hear the Cadillac Imaj maybe closer to production then we think. I have heard I all depends on how good these new vans from GM does (Uplander,Relay, and the New Montana) I kind of like it.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Imaj=SRX

OMG DID YOU HEAR THEY ARE GUNNA MAKE THE EVOQ!!! Man, cant wait to see that one either!!

'
Now that I look at it, the Imaj looks like one of thoes oh-so popular crossover cars. The SRX has that kind of appeal, but I see it more like a Pacifica.

·
Registered
82 Posts
vicious1 is right. The Vizon was the SRX. The IMAJ was more or less an experiment for a car in Europe, possibly the STS. Which is why it debuted at either Frankfurt or Geneva, I believe Geneva.

The IMAJ was not a van at all. It was more of a lesser Sixteen (a lot lesser). Meant to battle the S-Class/7-Series.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Originally posted by vicious1@Jan 29 2004, 02:38 AM
From what I hear the Cadillac Imaj maybe closer to production then we think. I have heard I all depends on how good these new vans from GM does (Uplander,Relay, and the New Montana) I kind of like it.
SRX is a production version (road-worthy) of the Vizon concept, LOOKS SIMILAR TO IT

I really like Cadillac adding more models but where did you get this from?? The idea that Cadillac is soon producing a production worthy version of the IMAJ!!
This will be better competiton for the Lexus RX 330 and the COMING Lincoln Aviator (beautiful car based SUV that is)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Originally posted by mgescuro@Jan 29 2004, 07:17 AM
Evoq = XLR
Vizon = SRX

Imaj = STS/DTS -- really high end luxury.
Cien = On the shelf
Sixteen = "ULS"
I think that is right, but I think Imaj will be a car-SUV mix????

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by vicious1@Jan 28 2004, 10:38 PM
Let us all hope that Caddy doesn't get one of those CSVs.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I work at a Chevrolet and Cadillac Dealership and I was taking a training class on the SRX and they were talking about those new CSVs. And the Imaj is like a van. It has the sliding doors on both sides and it is lower than a SUV to be more car like. And they said if the CSVs do well they could build the Imaj for Cadillac. But if the CSVs flop, they will just keep it on the shelf.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Man I Don't this car is a MINIVAN, when I think of minivan I think of Dodge Caravan and not Cadillac. I REALLY HOPE THEY ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THIS VEHICLE and GM should add it to the growing Cadillac lineup. New Caddys are nice
NEW CADDY'S I KNOW OF:
1. STS V-6, V-8
2. Ultra-Luxury sedan V-16
3. IMAJ????
4. ???? any others

·
Registered
259 Posts
The more i look at it - the more the IMAJ looks like an STS.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Jan 29 2004, 06:07 PM
they saw Rex's chops and thought it was a great idea!!!
U wish ;) ...U'd probably B first in line 2 get 1 wouldn't U? :lol:
It's ok BigAL I won't tell any1 ur secret ambition 2 B a Soccer Mon 2 the 3rd power. UR secret is safe with me ;) ;) *nudge* *nudge*

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by casket_demon+Jan 31 2004, 02:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (casket_demon @ Jan 31 2004, 02:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigals87z28@Jan 29 2004, 06:07 PM
they saw Rex's chops and thought it was a great idea!!!
U wish ;) ...U'd probably B first in line 2 get 1 wouldn't U? :lol:
It's ok BigAL I won't tell any1 ur secret ambition 2 B a Soccer Mon 2 the 3rd power. UR secret is safe with me ;) ;) *nudge* *nudge* [/b][/quote]
hey casket...

muahahah!

·
Registered
114 Posts
i hope caddy builds it...ITS SO DAMN SWEET LOOKING AND COULD DEFINITELY BEAT MB SO BAD THEYLL CRY TO GM TO STOP MAKING IT haha....CADILLAC DONT CHANGE IT AT ALL I LOVE IT!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think the last thing Cadillac needs is a minivan. Not too much about a minivan says 'Standard of the World' or signals a move upmarket.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I really wish I could understand how people can see a sedan that has a trunk, was featured in Cadillac’s “Moments” commercial as a celebrity’s award show ride, and clearly an ultra luxury sedan, with the added benefit of sliding rear doors to aid entry, to be a mini-van. I just don’t see it.

Here are its specifications:

Vehicle type- 4-passenger, 4-door, all-wheel drive luxury sedan
Height, overall- 55.9 in. / 1420 mm
Length, overall- 199.0 in. / 5100 mm
Width, overall- 74.8 in. / 1900 mm
Wheelbase- 121.5 in. / 3085 mm
Imaj Specs

Here are the Cadillac Seville’s Specifications:

Wheelbase- 112.2 in.
Length- 201 in.
Width- 74.7 in.
Height- 55.4 in.