GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on recent reports, I'm just guessing as far as what the future CT lineup might be, along with the current corresponding car (or competitor).

CT10 - Sportscar (rumored)
CT8/CT9 - S-Class (confirmed) (I'm thinking the an Elmiraj coupe could be one of these)
CT7 - ELR or Elmiraj (?)
CT6 - (confirmed)
CT5 - (confirmed - by trademark)
CT4 - XTS
CT3 - CTS
CT2 - ATS
CT1 - Entry (confirmed)

*I'm sure this has been discussed (at length) elsewhere here on GMI.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Based on recent reports, I'm just guessing as far as what the future CT lineup might be, along with the current corresponding car (or competitor).

CT8/CT9 - S-Class (confirmed) (I'm thinking the an Elmiraj coupe could be one of these)
CT7 - ELR or Elmiraj (?)
CT6 - (confirmed)
CT4 - XTS
CT3 - CTS
CT2 - ATS
CT1 - Entry (confirmed)

XTS will cease to exist.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts

CT7 - ELR or Elmiraj (?)
CT6 - (confirmed)
CT4 - XTS
CT3 - CTS
CT2 - ATS
CT1 - Entry (confirmed)

I really hate this new naming CT crap.....it's like they followed Lincoln with their MK crap......

Can we say crap?........

·
Registered
19,265 Posts

CT7 - ELR or Elmiraj (?)
CT6 - (confirmed)
CT4 - XTS
CT3 - CTS
CT2 - ATS
CT1 - Entry (confirmed)

Besides XTS, sure. If MyImpalaSS is correct and there is a midsize coupe called CT5, CT5 may be a midsize coupe and sedan or CT4 might be the CTS.

Probably something more like...

CT9 – sports car
CT8 – full-size LWB
CT7 –*full-size coupe
CT6 – full-size SWB
CT5 –*midsize coupe
CT4 – midsize sedan
CT3*– compact coupe
CT2 – compact sedan
CT1 – entry level family?

What I want to see?

CT9

CT8

CT7

CT6

CT5

CT4

CT3

CT2

CT1 family

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
There's an ELR replacement and a full EV confirmed that wasn't included. That's two more models to fit in there somewhere unless they have a unique nomenclature like BMW's i brand.

Also, I doubt a supercar is going have the "CT" tag. I suspect a race inclined tag will be implemented. There's too many models to cram in there. Something isn't adding up. I'm certain there's more to the story. There has to be other tags.

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Volume will be made with cuv s....

Cadillac desperately needs small medium and large cuv s....

Too many sedans unless Cadillacs just going to put a tall hat on the car platforms with tall tires and label them cuv s...

Cadillac needs an ATS CUV...a CTS cuv and a larger cuv on top of that...

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
There's an ELR replacement and a full EV confirmed that wasn't included. That's two more models to fit in there somewhere unless they have a unique nomenclature like BMW's i brand.
Or if they're just versions of vehicles rather than standalone vehicles. I think there'll definitely a Voltec version of CT7 and probably an all-electric version of another car.

I don't think Cadillac is going to produce a standalone either again.

Also, I doubt a supercar is going have the "CT" tag. I suspect a race inclined tag will be implemented. There's too many models to cram in there. Something isn't adding up. I'm certain there's more to the story. There has to be other tags.
I doubt that, as well. There's been talk about an Alpha roadster since at least the CTS debut if not ATS, and a purported insider mentioned a while ago that, in relation to the Corvette moving to a RMR layout, GM might want to keep a FR or FMR car in its product portfolio, and that Cadillac may be the recipient.

Makes sense as an SLK/Z4 competitor for Cadillac.

That's at least two cars that would necessitate a "sports car" moniker... though it is only two cars.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
The reason they didn't bother updating the emblem on the XTS is b/c it's going away. The CT6 is the RWD XTS replacement.
Another member here keeps saying this.

(And by the way, they didn't update the crest on the 2015 SRX either.)

And, from this past July:

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f15/am-renders-2016-cadillac-lts-says-xts-stay-line-up-173121/

Now, maybe Mr. De Nysshen has convinced GM kill it.

OR: there will be a similar car in the cards but not CALLED XTS?

·
Registered
19,265 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Well, let's throw in what I think:

CT9 – nope
CT8 – nope
CT7 – Full size coupe
CT6 – Well, we seen it. Full size sedan.
CT5 – CTS coupe
CT4 – CTS sedan
CT3 – ATS coupe
CT2 – ATS sedan
CT1 – compact hatch

And then there will be the XT range and maybe a sportscar (which I think is unnecessary, as it can either be a corvette derivative again, or a new platform which would be too expensive).

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Or if they're just versions of vehicles rather than standalone vehicles. I think there'll definitely a Voltec version of CT7 and probably an all-electric version of another car.

I don't think Cadillac is going to produce a standalone either again.

I doubt that, as well. There's been talk about an Alpha roadster since at least the CTS debut if not ATS, and a purported insider mentioned a while ago that, in relation to the Corvette moving to a RMR layout, GM might want to keep a FR or FMR car in its product portfolio, and that Cadillac may be the recipient.

Makes sense as an SLK/Z4 competitor for Cadillac.

That's at least two cars that would necessitate a "sports car" moniker... though it is only two cars.
Producing different versions of the same car seems to be the most logical choice because there's only so many slots.

Assuming the CT7 is an electric/Voltec car, the CT6 seems like a great base to work from. I envision using the bones of the CT6 and wrapping in sexy sheet metal. I think it would be cool to have a model with the option of all EV or Voltec system. I think that addresses the limitations of the Tesla, in case you're looking for an option that allows you to use gas.

I'm sure we'll hear some interesting news next year about additional beyond what we already know.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Another member here keeps saying this.

(And by the way, they didn't update the crest on the 2015 SRX either.)

And, from this past July:

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f15/am-renders-2016-cadillac-lts-says-xts-stay-line-up-173121/

Now, maybe Mr. De Nysshen has convinced GM kill it.

OR: there will be a similar car in the cards but not CALLED XTS?
SRX didn't get updated crest b/c it is being replaced in 2016 w/new XT5.

CT6 is going to have a nearly identical footprint as XTS (XTS is 202" while CT6 is reportedly 203"), and the XTS has been a big sales loser this year. Obviously, with the new nomenclature, there is no room for an XT-any type of sedan. CTS occupies the same price point as the XTS and is losing a few hundred sales/mo. to its lengthier floor partner, and Cadillac undoubtedly believes CTS sales are more important that XTS sales, so don't hold your breath until 2018.

The new Lacrosse will be the new XTS, as it always should have been: it will grow in size, luxury accouterments, and price.

Engelman claims it will return RWD in 2018. I would imagine that would be a CT8 or 9 S-Class fighter.
Yep. Except, in this case, return means die and come back as a completely different, unrelated car.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
SRX didn't get updated crest b/c it is being replaced in 2016 w/new XT5.
I know. I thought the XTS didn't get it because there was a MCE planned for MY 2016. Am I wrong?

CT6 is going to have a nearly identical footprint as XTS (XTS is 202" while CT6 is reportedly 203"), and the XTS has been a big sales loser this year. Obviously, with the new nomenclature, there is no room for an XT-any type of sedan. CTS occupies the same price point as the XTS and is losing a few hundred sales/mo. to its lengthier floor partner, and Cadillac undoubtedly believes CTS sales are more important that XTS sales, so don't hold your breath until 2018.
I think I understand.

The new Lacrosse will be the new XTS, as it always should have been: it will grow in size, luxury accouterments, and price.
The spy shots we've seen of the new LaCrosse would bear this out. It seems to have the elongated greenhouse/rear-quarter that the XTS has.

Yep. Except, in this case, return means die and come back as a completely different, unrelated car.
So, there's no FWD/AWD Cadillac sedan of any size currently in development?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I know. I thought the XTS didn't get it because there was a MCE planned for MY 2016. Am I wrong?
No word about an XTS MCE at the Cadillac LMA meeting in Vegas 2 months ago, though they teased info on several other important new models. Leads me to believe XTS is dead in the water. It MAY linger on for one more year, mostly unchanged, but I highly doubt it will share the floor with any of the XT-Crossovers.

So, there's no FWD/AWD Cadillac sedan of any size currently in development?
You know as well as I know that nothing is ever really concrete with GM, so there's a chance that the board loses faith in Johan and they start slapping wreathless-crests on Impalas and Cruzes, but for now, it appears that all future Cadillac sedans will be RWD.

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm still hoping that Cadillac will dig really deep into their heritage past develop a true top range V12 car on the level of Rolls Royce and Bentley.

With the ever goring respect Cadillac is regaining in the luxury segment, I think such a car would be taken seriously.

CT12

1 - 20 of 31 Posts