GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Arguably the most aspirational vehicle General Motors builds, the 2015 Cadillac Escalade is the 2015 AutoGuide.com Reader’s Choice Luxury Utility Vehicle of the Year.

The Escalade is sold exclusively with General Motors’ new Gen V 6.2-liter V8 and offers an interior that is significantly enhanced compared to the previous generation. In general, the materials are nicer than the previous generation with softer leather and the admittedly tepid CUE infotainment system. But a confusing infotainment interface didn’t seem to matter the Escalade secured its place as the award winner in its category this year.

With seven different vehicle categories voted for in this year’s Reader’s Choice Awards, Ford took home two wins including the Truck of the Year for the F-150 and the Car of the Year for the Mustang. Winners in the remaining Reader’s Choice categories include the Jaguar F-Type Coupe for Sports Car of the Year, the Subaru Outback for Utility Vehicle of the Year, the Mercedes S-Class Coupe for the Luxury Car of the Year and the BMW i8 for the Green Car of the Year.
For more information about this topic, Cadillac Escalade Wins 2015 AutoGuide.com Reader’s Choice Luxury Utility Vehicle of the Year Award please visit AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
There are 3 things I do not like about the Escalade

1. The front looks like the suspension has collapsed-I would lift the front if I got one, just ever so slightly

2. The Silvarado shift column.

3. The lack of 2 row with executive sitting option as a variant

For these reasons, irrespective of which truck was designed first, I would take either of these below before the Escalade

The Escalade given the existence of the Denali brand and the opportunity that existed to separate Denali and Escalade was a Huge let down.

The love GM has for its current clientele and perhaps the wrong leadership doomed it this time around..

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
They have a black pre-production Escalade Platinum at The Grove by the Christmas tree, and it looks pretty spectacular. Really nice 22" rims on it, in a mixture of Silver and Chrome.

It wasn't open so I didn't get to look over the interior, but through the window the quality (at least visually) seemed very good.

The revised grille and crest is very imposing. Cadillac could probably do a Platinum + for $120-30,000 and shift a respectable amount of them.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I really don't think the Escalade was a miss opportunity but it could get better for the 4th generation model in the future over time and it is one of the best selling fullsize luxury SUVs in the class right now.

Seen the Escalade on the streets not too long ago and they are very imposing to look at especially at night. There should be some advance options and other engine choices in the future like a V-Sport and twin turbo V6 to separate them even further from the Tahoe and GMC.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,499 Posts
Contrary to all the negativity over these three that is found here on GMI, I think they look just fine. Kudos to Cadillac for taking home the win. Now that I've been seeing them out on the streets and in motion I like the squared off design. I think the sloping front of the Escalade gives it an aggressive stance. I've even warmed up to the front side light styling of the Tahoe after seeing it in person.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
The shifter used to bother me but it does not anymore because any shifter that is not a push button or electronic interface is old school to me now. I think it is bold and stunning but I do not like that the Yukon and Chevy have the same side profiles. Other than that I think Caddy did a great job and hey it finally has magnetic ride shocks. Yes I feel those people that think they could have tossed it a little further down the road but I am not fully let down. If anything I think the Slade should have a hybrid drive train standard because people pay money for these machines. Cadillac could challenge Tesla with the Escalade and people would pay in a heart beat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts