·
Premium Member
7,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cadillac CTS Honoured As Saudi Auto's 2008 Car Of The Year

ameinfo
6 May 2008
www.ameinfo.com

The all-new 2008 Cadillac CTS has just received one of the Middle East’s most prestigious awards, having been named ‘2008 Saudi Auto Car of the Year’ - the latest in a series of awards won around the world by this luxury brand’s flagship sedan.

The experts at Saudi Auto, one of the premier automotive magazines in the region, praised the Cadillac CTS for its dramatic design, its enhanced levels of power and performance thanks to the introduction of a new engine and transmission, and the highest standards of ride quality, quietness and safety.

“The all-new 2008 Cadillac CTS is spectacular from all angles – from its handcrafted, tailored interior to its dramatic outer skin - making it a deserving winner of our Car of the Year Award for 2008” said Bakur Azher, Publisher & Editor in Chief Saudi Auto Magazine.

“Both the exterior and the interior design elements of the 2008 CTS reflect not only an evolution from the previous-generation model, but serve as forerunners of future Cadillac design features” added Bakur.

Click here to continue article

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
That is an excellent picture. Props to GM, once again, for building the car we all knew they could.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
"...the latest in a series of awards won around the world by this luxury brand’s flagship sedan"

flagship?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I understand the sticker in the door jam says, "Built with pride by infidels".

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Congrats Cadillac.

·
Registered
165 Posts
remember: the best part, is that many saudis are so damn rich to buy any car they want.they can buy ferarris, lambos, and other exotics.i had a saudi roommate in boarding school who got some 250k supercar for his 18th birthday, but wrecked it because he didn't like it. coming from these kind of guys... they picked the CTS. good work, gm.

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
"...the latest in a series of awards won around the world by this luxury brand’s flagship sedan"

flagship?
come on how Fbody... do you really think the STS, DTS, or XLR could be the flagship for Cadillac? The only car GM has actually kept putting money into has been the CTS!

·
Registered
2,875 Posts

flagship?
it's much more worthy of that title than anything else Cadillac's currently got in showrooms. besides, they did say flagship sedan, so that still leaves the Escalade or XLR to consider overall. i'd still rank the new CTS over the XLR for total execution though.

·
Banned
11,892 Posts
Well deserved, the CTS is a great car.

·
Registered
89 Posts
What sorta things to they test for? Explodability? Predator evasivness? Any word on an armored version, what about a gun turret out the sunroof???

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
That is an excellent picture. Props to GM, once again, for building the car we all knew they could.
Yup, and:

“The all-new 2008 Cadillac CTS is spectacular from all angles – from its handcrafted, tailored interior to its dramatic outer skin - making it a deserving winner of our Car of the Year Award for 2008” said Bakur Azher, Publisher & Editor in Chief Saudi Auto Magazine.
Yup.

·
Premium Member
34,376 Posts
Congulaturations to Cadillac and GM. Now build the convertible too.

I understand the sticker in the door jam says, "Built with pride by infidels".
A majority of Muslims even in Saudia do not think of Christians as infidels...
They understand we share a different world view but that does not make us bad people...You got to understand that...

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Great.

I'll keep this in mind as I watch the read-out on the gas pump pass $4.00 per gallon.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
A majority of Muslims even in Saudia do not think of Christians as infidels...
They understand we share a different world view but that does not make us bad people...You got to understand that...
Thanks Dad. I'm sorry. I was not aware you had done a census of the attitudes of the Muslims in Saudia Arabia and found that they love Christians. To me, actions speak louder than liberals.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts