GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else think there should be another engine choice with more power between the CTS DI V6 (~300 HP) and the CTS-V (~550 HP)? It'd be nice to have a little more power without going all the way up to the V.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
L99 would be a good idea. They somehow made the G8 sound like a premium luxury car with zero sound at everything till 3500rpm, they can do the same for the CTS.
CTS 6.2....mmm yes has a nice ring to it. It ties into the V series as well as gives the CTS a true engine to tackle the upcoming twin turbo V8 550i.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Wasn't the V8 ultra program canceled? I agree it would be nice to see something to fill that gap, though. L76, L99 or LS3 would all work.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
I hate to tell anyone this, but with the economy in a crunch and GM in financial trouble, the only engine addition for the CTS, that matters, is the addition of an economy diesel.

It takes money to add engines and GM has little money. It needs all it's fiscal reserves to concentrate on bringing vehicles to the market that will make GM a profitable company again. Another CTS variant isn't one of them.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I think many would like to see a smaller V8 in the CTS. Whats the problem with the LS3?
Heck, if it was up to me I'd dump the DI 3.6 and use the LS4. Similar power but way more torque and makes better noises (I know its a pushrod, but the LS4 feels and sounds more expensive than the 3.6 to me). Probably a wash or close to it on MPG.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts