·
Premium Member
5,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cadillac Could Be Working On A Supercharged Escalade With 650 HP
Carscoops
Michael Gauthier
July 11, 2019

Cadillac is in the midst of expanding their V-Series lineup and a new report is indicating there will be a high-performance version of the 2020 Escalade.

The model is reportedly being described as a “powerhouse” and that’s probably not much of a stretch as the engine is rated at 650 hp (485 kW / 659 PS) and 650 lb-ft (881 Nm) of torque. It remains unclear if the Escalade will keep that power rating but, if it does, it would mean the SUV would have 230 hp (172 kW / 233 PS) and 190 lb-ft (258 Nm) of torque more than the current model which uses a naturally aspirated 6.2-liter V8.

Interestingly, the high-performance Escalade could be even more powerful than the CTS-V which had a surcharged 6.2-liter V8 with 640 hp (477 kW / 649 PS) and 630 lb-ft (854 Nm) of torque. As a result, it’s not entirely clear if the model will be badged as an Escalade V or an Escalade V Plus / Blackwing.
*Full Article at Link

·
Premium Member
3,175 Posts
I’m really interested in the upcoming performance series of Caddys. I would love to have a black wing V8 in a Cadillac sedan and/or the Escalade.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Not like GMI wasn't urging them to do this 5 years ago.

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
Cadillac Could Be Working On A Supercharged Escalade With 650 HP
Carscoops
Michael Gauthier
July 11, 2019

*Full Article at Link

I can neither confirm nor deny the veracity of this rumor. I will say though, that if you have a copious amount of posteriors that you need to be taken from one place to another, there will be a version that will do it with extreme prejudice.:drive:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I can neither confirm nor deny the veracity of this rumor. I will say though, that if you have a copious amount of posteriors that you need to be taken from one place to another, there will be a version that will do it with extreme prejudice.:drive:
Awesome...Now all they need is a Coupe-ish version w/ 2+2 executive seating and it'll be damn near perfect in my eyes.

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
Awesome...Now all they need is a Coupe-ish version w/ 2+2 executive seating and it'll be damn near perfect in my eyes.

I'm of the opinion, that a coupe CUV/SUV (X4, X6 etc) is the answer to the question that nobody asked. Utility pfffft, so over rated!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts

I'm of the opinion, that a coupe CUV/SUV (X4, X6 etc) is the answer to the question that nobody asked. Utility pfffft, so over rated!
Agreed! As for the Navigator, I suspect they'll launch a hybrid Grand Touring version just before the next Escalade arrives. If it offers the increase in power as on the Aviator that'd be around 550HP/750Lbft.

In both cases that's an insane amount of power in a high CG vehicle.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Not surprised. This is why the GT500 based blown 5.2L that is going to make it into the Raptor needs to find a home in the Navigator too. Implementing that mill into the F150 is going to cover the vast majority of developmental work there anyway, so the decision has been somewhat simplified for them. I’ll go so far as to say that whether or not the Navigator receives a version of that engine will tell us a lot about where or if Ford sees a high performance future for the Lincoln brand.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
This brings to mind the recent post about GM exploring a $100k pickup truck. This will definitely be a $100k SUV with I'm guessing $40k in Profit.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Navigator will do it with Electrification, and with WAY more torque. See Aviator GT, Explorer ST PHEV, and soon F-150 as an illustration. Also coming to a Mustang GT V8 near you.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Yeah. This is awesome but I wouldn’t assume Lincoln doesn’t have the means to respond. And I know people pretend the Escalade isn’t cross shopped with the Germans, but it’s nice to see an answer to the AMG GLS 63.

·
Registered
790 Posts
yea, but if they bring out the Grand Wagoneer with the hellcat engine?
Why wouldn't they? Grand Cherokee is available already with a 707 hp supercharged engine. They are not retarded. GM's response is so slow it calls them into question in that regard.

I will cut them slack and say they are pre-occupied with other things. Things that cost them money instead of making them money, like electrics and autonomous. Bull****.

That is no way to run the business. Jeep outflanks Cadillac in street performance??? They already totally OWN offroad. What exactly is GM waiting for?

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Utility is really overrated...once a year max utilization shouldn't be the sole driver of design. When was the last time you spotted an Escalade or any full lux SUV loaded to the roof with crap?

Everyone is doing the coupe-SUV, bring back the EXT.
No one is doing a full size coupe-UV. The amount of rear seat space/amenities that could be had here with eschewing the 3rd row would be ridiculous.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Perhaps it's not.:ponder:
GM is going to make the most economical decision, I expect the lt4/5....assuming that the hard points for all of the ohv v8s are the same requiring no recasting of any blocks.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts