GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cadillac’s high-performance CTS-V sedan already has it what it takes to scare of the likes of BMW’s M5, Mercedes’ E63 AMG and Audi’s new RS6, packing a supercharged 6.2L V8 with a healthy 556hp (415kW) and 551lb-ft (747Nm) of torque on tap. The carmaker is now considering going after the touring wagon versions of the previously mentioned German performance thoroughbreds with a V version of the recently revealed CTS Sport Wagon.

Stylish wagons are popular in Europe, one of the most important markets for Cadillac’s own CTS Sport Wagon. A halo model for the new range may just be what Cadillac needs to build a strong brand image and encourage a loyal customer base. Speaking with Edmunds, Cadillac spokesperson David Caldwell said “a CTS-V Sport Wagon could be a relatively easy add.”

But the case for building a V wagon remains contentious because of the low popularity of such models back in North America. There is, after all, a reason why BMW and Audi shy away from the high-performance wagon market in the U.S. - simply put, there are not many takers for the cars. Both Audi and BMW refuse to sell their performance variants in the U.S., while the Mercedes E63 AMG wagon will barely break double digits in sales this year.

Link

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
it'll probably happen. Remember when there was speculation that caddy was going to make a CTC-V and low and behold a CTC-V tester was shot several months later? However If this does indeed happen then i have a feeling this will be for European drivers only

·
Registered
44,165 Posts
I think the CTS-V Wagon is an awesome idea!!!
Let's go Caddy.... start matching up car for car with the competition!!!

:clap:

·
Registered
44,165 Posts
OMG!! IM IN SHOCK!! mgescuro PRAISING CADILLAC? WTF?!?!? ARE YOU SMOKIN SOMETHIN? I CANT BEILIEVE IT!!!!
I have LONG been a proponent of Cadillac matching Mercedes and BMW car for car on the luxury car playing field.
A V wagon is the natural progression of that.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Do it. It may not sell much, but neither would the CTS-V sedan anyway. It shoudn't be that hard or cost too much to make.

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
Come on GM... You know you want to do it. It won't cost you a dime, all the engineering work is already done for the coupe and the sedan. JUST SLAP IT ON THE WAGON. We've got places to see and BMW's to annihilate.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Come on GM... You know you want to do it. It won't cost you a dime, all the engineering work is already done for the coupe and the sedan. JUST SLAP IT ON THE WAGON. We've got places to see and BMW's to annihilate.
+1 :)

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I don't see much of a market for a V wagon, but I also can't see how they would have to re-engineer ANYTHING so I say why not? :drive:

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I would consider one.....I have two babies now that I can't fit into the back of the Vette! :D

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
I think the CTS-V Wagon is an awesome idea!!!
Let's go Caddy.... start matching up car for car with the competition!!!

:clap:
I agree IF the division had 3 or 4 other cars that were selling well.
Right now we have one car that sells... Rather then building goofy niche cars like this one... we need to fix the core product... Once that is "comfortable" THEN we can bring out low volume cars that at best will sell 5,000 unit annually.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't see much of a market for a V wagon, but I also can't see how they would have to re-engineer ANYTHING so I say why not? :drive:
A whole ten people per year would buy that. Possibly less.
Why does everyone always have something bad to say about GM? How may E63 wagons do you see on the road? How many BMW M5 Tourings? Audi does not even offer an S series wagon (yet).

Merc and The Bavarian giant are eating this segment alive! Which its a car Cadillac needs. So in I say to GM.

Bring it on! Its indeed a small segment in the US and yeah it probably would not sell well or what we see as well or expect to do well, when most wont even consider buying it anyway( besides these cars are not intended to be mass production vehicles anyway[ you'd see a performance sedan ad before the wagon anyday] they are not Accords or Malibus) so with that said I expect it to do well in Europe.

Stop the subconscious bias crap already! :cool:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Would be a cheap and easy fix, no doubt.
But if GM had to pick between CTS-V Wagon vs BTS moved up 6 months, Im taking BTS.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
Would be a cheap and easy fix, no doubt.
But if GM had to pick between CTS-V Wagon vs BTS moved up 6 months, Im taking BTS.
+1

CTS-V wagon would probably move 10 units in the US. Out of curiosity, how many of you here have the bucks to afford a $60,000 CTS-V wagon?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Still, I doubt that even in Europe people are running around with 500hp+ wagons, and it's far more expensive for them due to engine displacement taxes.

Yet BMW and Mercedes still offer them. So, Cadillac should too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts