GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daily Kanban

Johan de Nysschen said:
The hotel had given my room away, and the assistant behind the counter was rather unapologetic about it. So after some exchange of dialogue I told her “you don’t have to be so hard-assed about it”, which is an expression sometimes used in South Africa to describe people who are being difficult. With my accent, she misunderstood, concluding I had said she had a hot ass, which of course was an entirely different thing. Following intervention by the security people, at least we clarified the misunderstanding, even though I still had no room. Which by now, having been threatened with arrest and a jail cell, seemed like a really good deal.

·
Premium Member
36,293 Posts
What, is it April already?

Have we reached such a level of PC Insanity that someone wants to call s'curity or the coppers when someone either calls you a hard ass or says you have a hot ass?

WTF is wrong with people?

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What, is it April already?

Have we reached such a level of PC Insanity that someone wants to call s'curity or the coppers when someone either calls you a hard ass or says you have a hot ass?

WTF is wrong with people?
It depends on the person IMHO.

If Johan were as smooth with women as I am, nothing bad would have happened. In fact, he may have been able to get something out of said "hot ass"... :D:p:

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Why was he being arrested even if he had said the hotel counter girl had a hot ass?

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
If Johan were as smooth with women as I am,
:lmao:

Interesting situation. A Hotel messes- up and gives away a room intended for what can only be called a "high-value" guest, the clerk shrugs it off , then threatens to have the now Non-Guest arrested.

The world we live in.....

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
:lmao:

Interesting situation. A Hotel messes- up and gives away a room intended for what can only be called a "high-value" guest, the clerk shrugs it off , then threatens to have the now Non-Guest arrested.

The world we live in.....
I wonder how often Cadillac employees and guests will be encouraged to stay at this establishment?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Welcome to America Johan!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
It would have been hard arse not hard ass - fkn yanks
Not it wouldn't. Afrikaners say "ass" nowadays. They get it from US movies. English South Africans say "arse". I still laugh when a colleague says "ass" in an Afrikaans accent, sounds like "azz". As for Yanks, they are the nicest people you can meet, and working with Americans is an absolute pleasure (except for people from New Jersey).

·
Registered
19,345 Posts
Very funny!

Nothing worse than spending hours traveling and wanting nothing more to get to the hotel room, only to find you don't have a hotel room (yes, I've experienced that). I was traveling with one of my staff members to east of nowhere WVA. We get to the only decent hotel in town (I think it was a Courtyard by Marriot) only to find they had my staff members room, no reservation for me and were sold out. I ended up in a Red Roof Inn. I had to dry my hair by putting the AC unit on high and stick my head in the airflow.

I also remember in the 6th grade almost getting detention. My family had moved to Lake Charles Louisiana when I was in the 4th and 5th grades where I picked up a very deep southern accent. We moved back to CT and of course I took my very deep southern accent with me. I asked my teacher for a "sheet of paper", she kept asking me what that first word was I said, I kept saying "sheet" and her eyes kept growing wider. Finally she made me spell out what I was saying "s-h-e-e-t", if you haven't figured out what she thought I was saying, just replace the two "e"'s with one "i" :)

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
He apparently did not get a memo that if you are white, middle aged, educated male, upper middle class professional with sharp, witty or relaxed communication style you REALLY have to watch what you say or write....or you will be considered offensive to a few dozens of social, age, gender, cultural, national/racial based groups or their easily offended members.

·
Registered
508 Posts
De Ny missed a golden opportunity , if he had rented a room in some of Flint Michigan's finest , they probably would have sold him the hotel for the same price it would have cost him to rent a room in New York .Perhaps there is a Cadillac business offshoot here , for the huge price of leasing an entire floor for his offices in New York , this could have enabled Cadillac to expand into hotel ownership in Flint , in a big way . When you are part of the disastrous consequences inflicted on the good people of Flint , how appropriate to become a hotel landlord , who would never turn away a guest , regardless of a hard or hot ass remark by guests . Mind you , I would only ask that staff here wear eye shields against Mace and bullet proof vests in case one of the staff or management make inappropriate remarks or is accosted by one of the desperately poor citizens of Flint trying to rob some of the kitchens food or money on hand . Being part of the rebuilt of the City is its own reward , Cadillac could also expand this new business interest into a housing development company to offer low cost affordable Cadillac quality housing...just saying !

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
De Ny missed a golden opportunity , if he had rented a room in some of Flint Michigan's finest , they probably would have sold him the hotel for the same price it would have cost him to rent a room in New York .Perhaps there is a Cadillac business offshoot here , for the huge price of leasing an entire floor for his offices in New York , this could have enabled Cadillac to expand into hotel ownership in Flint , in a big way . When you are part of the disastrous consequences inflicted on the good people of Flint , how appropriate to become a hotel landlord , who would never turn away a guest , regardless of a hard or hot ass remark by guests . Mind you , I would only ask that staff here wear eye shields against Mace and bullet proof vests in case one of the staff or management make inappropriate remarks or is accosted by one of the desperately poor citizens of Flint try to rob some of the kitchens food or money on hand . Being part of the rebuilt of the City is its own reward , Cadillac could also expand this new business interest into a housing development company to offer low cost affordable Cadillac quality housing...just saying !
Heck. Just buy the whole town. How much can it be worth?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts