GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought caddy srx(special for russia) and was very surprised. There aren`t Tire pressure monitor and Mirror, inside rearview, electrochromic with compass (ONLY MIRROR WITHOUT COMPASS) in my Caddy SRX V8 LuxuryPerfomance.
Does anybody know, can I add - UJ6 Tire pressure monitor to my vechicle ?

P.S.:please help! Because anybody from GeneralMotors in Russia does not know, is it possible?. :grenade:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Originally posted by LakeMichigan@Jun 22 2004, 10:18 AM
botht he mirror and tire pressure monitor are NOT available as an accessory item...I'm told the compass mirror is used in conjunction with OnStar, which I assume OnStar isn't available in Russia, and depending also on the audio system on the SRX.  As far as the tire pressure monitoring...I don't think that can be added easily....as it interfaces with the BCM & cluster...........good luck...
You are correct, the mirrors with the compass and temp do have onstar in them also. Most export countrys we build for do not get these uplevel mirrors for that reason. but dont fret future potential buyers ;) As for the TPM I am not sure why your not offered that option. Its crazy all the stuff that has to be different for exports. One thing thats not fair is the cool options you get and the US doesnt, heated washer nozzles, full size spares, Thatchem, and on the STS you get all the goodies like self leveling HID's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can only say:Those functions which should be in a standard complete set should stand by all machines without exception!
For example:There are a lot of cadillac srx (US) in Moscow(Informal, Without corresponding certification) but it costs about 98.000$ And in these cars all options which are standard for USA. But on the other hand there are only 3 dealers of Cadillac in Moscow. And vechicles costs about 72.000$ with Russian standarts.
And Moscow dealers don`t anything know about TPM.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Stanislav, congratulations on your new SRX. I'm sorry to hear it's not got everything you expected. I hope you still love it everything else about it.

I'm very excited to hear that Cadillac is doing well in Russia. I've always thought there was something deep down Russian about big Cadillacs ever since Richard Nixon gave Leonid Breznehv a 1971 Eldorado. (Speaking of which, does anyone have any idea what became of that car?)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts