GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that 2 door "Cadillac eldorados and Monte carlo style" was sth interesting..
now , there's no american car that have a hints of this design -style
I think it started in middle 80-ties with regal, Monte carlo , Pontiac grand prix
they were fake muscle cars (althought there was 300 cu.in engines under the hood )
but this cars had good looks, and image behind them
(buick regal, Monte carlo etc...
Modern interpretations of that style could be interesting design excersize[

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monte carlo:

Gm have a plans about this icon?
new Monte carlo SS ? could be a great Modern Muscle...
and very oryginal...
Chevy needs a good looking car

impala and malibu? -- they are ugly !

Impala should be great looking car !
Thats the way it always was.....
What they offer now looks like Hundai !! they should change name to Chevy "crapplooking" Umpala , Malubu !?

form the late 90- till now only Monte carlo tried to look interesting...at least there was an attempt to put some styling into Chevy car....

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
No more "modern muscle". Except for the return of the pony cars there are no med-large coupes because nobody bought them. Eldorado was dropped in 2002, two door Grand Prix was dropped in 2003, Monte Carlo was dropped in 2006, two door Regal was dropped in 1996...

There's no market for them. Benz/BMW sell some but definitely not in large numbers.

The current Malibu has about the best styling in its class.

The current Impala is a bit plain but it sells well anyway

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
CTS coupe will fill the void that the Camaro won't

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
One idea that I thought would save coupes was the 3-door or 4-door coupe concept first seen on Saturn's 1999 SC. The only car like that I'm aware of now in the US is the Mazda RX-8. It adds accessibility and practicality to a coupe without sacrificing the style but it obviously never grabbed buyers' attention or was worth it for manufacturers to develop.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
some rummors that Monte will be back,
hey where called G-platfrm or A-special platform?(allong with regal and grand prix..)

I'm big fan of this cars that would be a great return
that mazda is a cool car !
it smokes a lot fuel , but still I think it's cool car

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
CTS coupe will fill the void that the Camaro won't

I agree.

I liked the last Eldorado a lot, but the era of big luxury coupes had passed.

This size coupe I think will do well.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
One idea that I thought would save coupes was the 3-door or 4-door coupe concept first seen on Saturn's 1999 SC. The only car like that I'm aware of now in the US is the Mazda RX-8. It adds accessibility and practicality to a coupe without sacrificing the style but it obviously never grabbed buyers' attention or was worth it for manufacturers to develop.

Funny...
It was speculated that if there would have been a next generation Riviera post 1999, that Buick was strongly considering adding this feature, though the next gen Riviera and Aurora were canned, the 2000 Aurora was actually supposed to be the Delta 88 replacement, the Oldsmobile Antares, the real Aurora was really stunning or so I heard, they never made it past the full size clay mock ups for either the 2000 Riv and Aurora.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CTS coupe Might be a cool car, but it's luxury segment , and it's not - retro,
the same with Rivieras ..and this cas has no design at all ! :)

Mazda RX8 is cool car, but I mean sth more american character

and that Saturn SC sucks !

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aurora had to many doors ,

Riviera from late 90-tie I belive is a cool car, great design !
last monte carlo but only SS models (bodykit).was nat a bad looking thing...
American people buy icon cas, not Toyotas , and.....

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Um, being that the the Camry and Corolla are best sellers, and are NOT icons in the way you're thinking, Americans are NOT buying icon cars.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
stanczyk, Is your keyboard broken, or are you putting your posts through some kind of translator thing? I don't get it. :confused:

Anyway, they're not coming back, not now. If they were good for business, they'd still be here. The best you're gonna get for now is the G8, Camaro and Solstice.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Ahem, I have two words for you - Grand National.
haha but in the '80s those were some of the badass cars to have...442, Monte Carlo SS...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
usually muscle cars loose money...but for example: Aston martin got first income few years ago......and VV made Veyron as a halo car , ...so they loose money on but they have some work to do (thats it's their function)

Muscle cars is american invention and the best marketing force....they were chip but they were cool as hell ! :).and the Modern Mucscle are cool too...

I think America need them back, as a simbol of rising ehthusiasm and good will, ......even if thre's alot of crisis signs...Muscle cars development should continue..
I think there's a lot of Americans form middle class that can aford a Muscle car - toy, even for weekend driving.....and maybe there will come better times...

now, if Muscle machines will not have a customers, they will die.......and die for gut....I think it's the last chance for them..!

I think that producers wchich want to produce sth spectacular (I belive that people in FOMOCO, GM and CHrysler are hungry for great cars..) should be rewarded by good sales...
i belive inside every American lives a Dreamer.....there's more dreamers in US than in rational European people....at least:)....so people , buy a Dreamcars ! :)

english is not my national language so I make some mistake...I'm avare of that .....sorry boyzzzz:)..but I hope You get a sense...

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
english is not my national language so I make some mistake...I'm avare of that .....sorry boyzzzz:)..but I hope You get a sense...
Ok, that's why I wondered if it was going through a translator thingy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.