GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GMSV has announced pricing of the RHD C8 Corvette due to arrive in Australian Showrooms late in 2021

GMSV Chevrolet Corvette price and specs for Australia (whichcar.com.au)

Australian prices for the GMSV Chevrolet C8 Corvette:
  • 2LT Coupe – $144,990
  • 3LT Coupe – $160,500
  • 2LT Convertible – $159,990
  • 3LT Convertible – $175,500
  • Carbon Edition Coupe – $TBA
All prices in $AUD

Reactions: mgescuro

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These prices sound high but I did look at the pricing in the US and the 2LT with Z51 pack and Front lift is ~$100k AUD before any taxes or destination so it seems quite reasonable

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do they have a dealer network for these yet?

I wonder if the secondary market will see early prices driven up until supply meets demand...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,260 Posts
2LT $144,990 AUD = $110,300 USA
3LT Conv $175,500 AUD = $133,600 USA

So very pricey vs. the cost in the USA. How does that compare to a Porsche 911 in Australia? Is it still greatly undercutting it?

·
Registered
12 Posts

So very pricey vs. the cost in the USA. How does that compare to a Porsche 911 in Australia? Is it still greatly undercutting it?
Way below.
A new 911 Carrera starts at around $270k AUD...

·
Registered
17,260 Posts
Way below.
A new 911 Carrera starts at around $270k AUD...

Wow, nothing like an overpriced competitor to make your own, very expensive, toy look cheap!

Though I do respect Porsches ability to charge such prices due to the great job they've done in building what fans want.

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

If you read the thread the C8 comes with Z51 package and Front lift

I went onto Chev website to build and price a C8 and got to 100k (AUD) by adding these 2 options to a 2LT

The prices are very reasonable

·
Registered
17,260 Posts
If you read the thread the C8 comes with Z51 package and Front lift

I went onto Chev website to build and price a C8 and got to 100k (AUD) by adding these 2 options to a 2LT

The prices are very reasonable
I'd have to say then that prices are relative to what you are used to. I assume any imported supercar has a hefty markup in Australia, so they are all like that - Corvette is still a bargain with the competition doing the same.

I quickly speced out a convertible LT3 Z51 with all of the major bells and whistles, even taking the $1,400 luggage and just barely cracked $100k USD. I bet a 911 will have a similar $30k+ (if not more) USD markup

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd have to say then that prices are relative to what you are used to. I assume any imported supercar has a hefty markup in Australia, so they are all like that - Corvette is still a bargain with the competition doing the same.

I quickly speced out a convertible LT3 Z51 with all of the major bells and whistles, even taking the $1,400 luggage and just barely cracked $100k USD. I bet a 911 will have a similar $30k+ (if not more) USD markup

Everything is a little more expensive because of location

We call it the Australia Tax ;)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts

I saw a Rapid Blue- color Corvette in person. Gave the guy a thumbs up seal of approval. He returned the favor. That's the way it is with some cars

·
Registered
17,260 Posts
I saw a Rapid Blue- color Corvette in person. Gave the guy a thumbs up seal of approval. He returned the favor. That's the way it is with some cars
It is a special car! In the early 2000s, a friend had just bought a new Vette and let me take it out for a ride. I goosed it a little in a residential neighborhood. Normally residents don't like that (driving like a jerk around their homes), but a family walking by gave me the thumbs up!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Some people do because GM pulled the plug on Australia and the people lost their mind.

I personally don't care if the people of Australia ever get a decent car ever again.
Well if we do it wont come from gm given their extensive knowledge of the Australian car market :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some people do because GM pulled the plug on Australia and the people lost their mind.

I personally don't care if the people of Australia ever get a decent car ever again.
Probably because GM are generally clueless about any market outside North America

Their lack of RHD models available isnt the fault of the Australian Public that is a GM problem

And I still dont give a **** what you think ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts

Thanks for your support.
Guess I better get that old bicycle serviced then...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Probably because GM are generally clueless about any market outside North America

Their lack of RHD models available isnt the fault of the Australian Public that is a GM problem

And I still dont give a **** what you think ;)
It is a GM problem... the Mach-E is available in RHD, so it's not an American thing.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts