GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chevy is not confirming the existence of a super-high-performance Corvette called the Blue Devil (AW, Dec. 22), but officials acknowledge it’s possible that engineering and racing development prototypes based on the sixth-generation Corvette do exist and may have picked up the moniker.

And yes, as many AutoWeek readers have suggested, the Blue Devil name was chosen intentionally to catch the attention of General Motors CEO and Duke University Blue Devil alumnus Rick Wagoner.

Chevy officials say they have no production plans for the 600-hp, 7.0-liter V8-powered Blue Devil, despite information obtained by AutoWeek pointing to a 2006 production debut of the $100,000 sports car. The production C6’s worldwide premiere is just days away at the Detroit auto show.

SOURCE: AUTOWEEK

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
"...Chevy officials say they have no production plans for the 600-hp, 7.0-liter V8-powered Blue Devil, despite information obtained by AutoWeek pointing to a 2006 production debut of the $100,000 sports car..."

This is quite tragic.

·
Registered
790 Posts
i had the pics almost a week ago and i brought them here first, but i was told they were embargoed so they couldnt show them. then i asked if i could just put the adress where i send people and they said it was imoral. so it just looks like they are missing out on traffic...

i was very proud of myself for finding them before everyone else, i am member where the first front end shots were released a man named TIT!!!! (or something like htat) gave them up to the site, and we have been getting new pics by the hours. its a good day!

sorry to those of you that cant find the pages, but i have been spreading the news like wildfire so it shouldnt be too hard to find them soon. (yes i know, i have no morals...) :zap:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
i think gm is just denying these claims for the same reasons they keeps the c6 under tight wraps. its only common sence. why would GM confirm a 600hp+ 7.0L when the vehicle hasnt been officially released. what about the Z06? would the the "Blue Devil" be the replacement for the Z06 or be an inbetween car of the regular vette and super vette?

i can see a few reasons for GM to build a super car like this. Ford GT, Saleen S7, Porsche GT3, Ferrari, Lambo. all these vehicles are 95000$ and up. at 600hp+ the car has more power then the S7, the ford GT and porsche, much cheaper than a lambo or ferrari. GM can steal alot of sales from these people.

ill sleep outside the factory and drive it back to my place for that price.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't think that people that will buy Lambos and Ferraris are really interested in performance. I mean, of course they are, but the people that buy these cars buy them for the name and the prestige.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Lambos, undoubtedly yes. There is no other reason to own a tiny car with a huge sill and regular doors (Gallardo), than performace. I think the Scaglietti, if I spelled it right in my drunken stupor, -might- be the image Ferrari, but I think the "image-only" people will be diving on the Porsche Cayenne for the time being. If not, maybe they're holding out for the Maserati SUV whose stupid name I can't remember in said drunken stupor...

Ghrankenstein

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by Ghrankenstein@Dec 25 2003, 01:49 AM
Lambos, undoubtedly yes. There is no other reason to own a tiny car with a huge sill and regular doors (Gallardo), than performace. I think the Scaglietti, if I spelled it right in my drunken stupor, -might- be the image Ferrari, but I think the "image-only" people will be diving on the Porsche Cayenne for the time being. If not, maybe they're holding out for the Maserati SUV whose stupid name I can't remember in said drunken stupor...

Ghrankenstein
dipping into the egg-nog?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have yet to see a good looking Lamborghini.
Most Ferraris look pretty good (not all of them).

I am not a hardcore Chevy fan, but I will say
that I love the pics that I have seen of the C6.
Super clean looking and will have great power.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I read a list of new Gm engines a while ago and there were three V-12's there. I believ that the blue devil will have one of those V-12's. It will probably be very different from the ordinary C6. I also think that GM will go with a traditional name like stingray or mako shark. does anyone else agree?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Originally posted by silverado_13@Jan 9 2004, 09:48 PM
I read a list of new Gm engines a while ago and there were three V-12's there. I believ that the blue devil will have one of those V-12's. It will probably be very different from the ordinary C6. I also think that GM will go with a traditional name like stingray or mako shark. does anyone else agree?
yeah, that what I was thinking too if they are even making this super Vette. I think they should to compete with the Ford GT, and with a V-12, it would probally have about 650 horse.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by silverado_13@Jan 9 2004, 03:48 PM
mmm- yeah- I'm all for the traditional names-- Stingray-- it's good. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts