Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think they're trying to make it look like a Viper <_< Looks awesome, though

·
Registered
367 Posts
I don't see the resemblance to a Viper, I think the only thing that's making people think Viper is the exposed head lights. Other than that I dont see Viper in those at all, I see Vette all the way. :afro:

·
Registered
236 Posts
When it gets the lights with the body-color housings it will look less like a Viper. The gaping black holes look like Viper lights more than the lights in old spyshots or the Cowger pic.

·
Registered
316 Posts
looks more like a ferrari in front than a viper. i don't care for the headlights...i wish they'd be more like the C5R lights. the back looks cool though.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Overall yawn. Looks like a miata/supra crossed with a ferrari. Overall im dissapointed.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
The front end looks like an FD, not a Miata (though modern Miata styling is loosely based on the RX7 anyway). It's not a bad looking car, but I'm not sure I agree with the direction they're going. Either way, I think it's better than the C5 (which was far too plain in my opinion).

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I really liked it. Maybe it is the C6 before Lutz's changes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i think its very good
but I change the hood to another more agressive and corvette's like.
and a little bit the fornt bumpper to make it more like the corvette style...
what do you think???

·
Registered
27 Posts
That front end looks sooo ***. Yeah, maybe some latter day Ferrari as well, but they're none too pleasant to look at these days either. Geez, crafting in plastic ain't all that costly, and this is the best they can do? I've had 5 'vettes, and from what I've seen of C6, I'm downright depressed. At least it will make the XLR look good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think these shots have shown up too conveniently... It doesn't look like something Lutz would be excited about. Perhaps these have only been leaked now because it is known that the C6 will not look like this. Not only could it add to the excitement when the real C6 is unveiled, but it could give them 'evidence' to discredit future spy shots.

OK, so maybe that's a little too conspiracy theory, but I thought I'd at least put it out there. :blink:

·
Registered
685 Posts
I think it would be awesome if Lutz decided to pull the biggest "fast one" in automotive history on everyone. That is a great idea! I am not saying put a Vette name on a Daewoo (of course) but something really cool.

·
Registered
790 Posts
there is no way this is a yawn! i love it, cant wait to see it put togeather, and im sure your half right this is probably one of the later prototypes but still very close to the real thing judging on past spy shots...

this looks a little like the miata and viper, although the miata copied the viper to look sporty. but you have to expect cars to look alike the further we get into arodynamics. this car is great and it is still EXTREAMLY original.

i think when this is put on its frame and headlights and tail lights are put in on a final body you will see a dramatic difference.

·
Registered
194 Posts
From what I can see I like the car, and envisioning it eith body color headlights it won't look too much like a viper, although the front end looks 360 Modena ish in my opinion. although not necerrily a bad thing. Over all I like the "Vette" but I don't think it's the real deal.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.