GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
It's nice to see the manual is a no cost option again.

Charging for certain paint colors is lame. It's what BMW and others do, but it's just lame.

Now if the color were some really special color like the msytichorme color changing ones, I could understand it.

Mark

·
Registered
641 Posts
Originally posted by usa1@Jul 1 2004, 07:02 PM

Charging for certain paint colors is lame. It's what BMW and others do, but it's just lame.

Now if the color were some really special color like the msytichorme color changing ones, I could understand it.

Mark
BMW charges a higher price for metallic paints vs non-metallic, but other than that all colors cost the same.

This is pretty standard accross the industry.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Originally posted by SJZ3+Jul 1 2004, 02:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SJZ3 @ Jul 1 2004, 02:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-usa1@Jul 1 2004, 07:02 PM

Charging for certain paint colors is lame.  It's what BMW and others do, but it's just lame. 

Mark
BMW charges a higher price for metallic paints vs non-metallic, but other than that all colors cost the same.

This is pretty standard accross the industry. [/b][/quote]
Those paints are more expensive to use, most paints are dual coat, Millinium Yellow is a tri-coat color.

Since it is spending 50% more time in the paint booth, cost goes up.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Originally posted by usa1@Jul 1 2004, 07:02 PM

Mark
Agreed.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
if you have the $money$ to buy a new vette 300 bucks for a paint job isn't a big deal B)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Wow, the price didn't increase at all for the new C-6's. Bad *** deal, better and faster all around car for the same price, thats wicked. The car is only suppost to be a tick slower than the 04' Z06 and the C-6 costs less, not bad at all. I was affraid that the sucker would be in the 55K or higher range, good to hear its not.

Now I just want to see the next Z06.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Nice job, Chevy. While I enjoy my wife's 2004 C5, the improvements in HP, interior quality, and the new body, without paying a higher price, is a pure steal.

The '05 Corvette is a bargain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts