GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does anyone else get the sense that this round of pics are a creation of GM's PR office?

I say this because I can't help but notice that the most controversial and yet to be seen part of the C6 - that is the front end with the non-covered headlights - is still carefully, coyly hidden. They're saving one last bit of mystery for the Detroit show debut.

We're being gamed, boys. But we love it, don't we?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Speaking of CorvetteForum, why don't we have their pretty little "Dupe" icon here? :D

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by ammca66564@Dec 12 2003, 01:31 AM
Does anyone else get the sense that this round of pics are a creation of GM's PR office?

I say this because I can't help but notice that the most controversial and yet to be seen part of the C6 - that is the front end with the non-covered headlights - is still carefully, coyly hidden. They're saving one last bit of mystery for the Detroit show debut.

The pics were taken from a member of a corvette site in san fran after it was being taken away from a commercial shot. Just maybe they forgot to put the camo on it? :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
As in the words of many other enthusiast at that menitoned forum, "It's more than just a major shame to see pop ups go. It's straight out blasphomey!" Man, I don't get it. Atleast the back end looks good. I'm sure the front will look like a Viper rip off or just another generic sport car.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Originally posted by ammca66564@Dec 11 2003, 08:31 PM

I have seen the front end over on one of the competitor's brand forums scanned from the new February issue of Motor Trend magazine. and it is less Viper like than one my think. The hood lines are sharp, well defined and very "Stingray" like. The clear headlamp covers are contoured in a nice rounded shape that makes them appear to be exposed concealed lamps and contain three round elements of varying size. The grille opening is filled with a black crosshatch design that will somewhat remind you of but not replicate the toothy grin of the Original Corvette.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Originally posted by Watchdevil@Dec 23 2003, 01:07 PM
I have seen the front end over on one of the competitor's brand forums scanned from the new February issue of Motor Trend magazine. and it is less Viper like than one my think.
That's not the actual production version, it's just a rendering of one of the possibilities. I've got the issue. That was the closest they had to a picture of it to go with their article.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts