skid pad 1.03G
lane change 62.9 mph

Buttonwillow Raceway Park
Average time 2.01.7 Average speed 79.9 mph

GT-R Average time 2:01.1 Average speed 80.3 mph 1/4 mile
[email protected] mph

GT2 Average time 1:59.7 Average speed 81.2 mph 1/4 mile
[email protected] mph

The GTR only beat the Z06 around Buttonwillow by 0.6 seconds (I thought the GTR ran 7:29 around the ring:confused:)
The GTR ran 12.6 and trapped 111mph....:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Conclusion: The GTR keeps getting slower and slower with every test.

I consider this test a win for the Z06. It had the worst tires BY FAR and it's the oldest car in the comparison, yet it was still within spitting distance of everything except the ACR. If all cars were given equal tires, the Z06 would've beat the GTR and GT2 while being very close to the ACR.

The Z06 is an amazing car.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Maybe they didn't use the launch control. I remember when edmunds did the 1/4 mile testing, they said they got a mid 12 second quarter mile when they did not use launch control.

(Note: I'm not making excuses for the GTR, I'm just thinking out loud)

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm more concerned about the trap speed than the actual 1/4 time.

a 111 mph trap speed is terrible. LS2 'Vettes are faster than that.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
no surprise here. I have respect for GT-R but I don't understand the whole fuss about it, especially in Europe where GT-R is on every cover with a title like 'Porsche Killer'. I have never seen such a title about Corvette, even when a magazine tested it against Porsche and Corvette won all performance competitions.

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
You know what's funny (but in a sad, pathetic way) is I went over to www.forums.caranddriver.com and was not too surprised to find that, out of these three forums (GMI, Corvette and C&D), C&D was the only forum that didn't yet have this comparison test posted in the ir Sports and GT forums.
For this reason, I went there and started the thread myself (under name Morpheus1).

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At the same track, Motor Trend ran 5 seconds faster in the GTR...how is that possible?

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
At the same track, Motor Trend ran 5 seconds faster in the GTR...how is that possible?
I don't know... But here's an interesting quote from the July 2008 Car & Driver comparison:

That GT-R from the May issue launched at 4500 rpm; 4400 rpm is the final setting for production. This GT-R may have been down on power; the May car ran the quarter-mile in 11.5 seconds at 124 mph. This one couldn’t crack 12 seconds and was a stunning 9 mph slower. (We’ve since tested a third GT-R that was as quick as the first car.)
So basically C&D tested 3 GT-Rs and two of them were quick, while the one reported in the comparison was slower.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't know... But here's an interesting quote from the July 2008 Car & Driver comparison:

So basically C&D tested 3 GT-Rs and two of them were quick, while the one reported in the comparison was slower.
Or it could be that the swill they call premium gasoline affected both turbocharged cars in this comparison adversely, since the Porsche was slower than normal too.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wouldn't that mean 2 of them were slow and 1 was quick?

C&D tested one GTR in the BMW vs 911 vs GTR test and it was slow. The GTR used for the this test was a different color and it was also slow.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Wouldn't that mean 2 of them were slow and 1 was quick?

C&D tested one GTR in the BMW vs 911 vs GTR test and it was slow. The GTR used for the this test was a different color and it was also slow.
I don't know, that's just what the article said. It said the first one was quick. The one in the comparo was slow. But than said after the comparo they got hold of another one that was as quick as the first, so who knows :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts