GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They killed this car. To anyone that was watching this, they turned this mild mannerd car, and basicly said that it was crap, a waste of time, was a dumb idea, and "they killed the camaro Z28 which was cheaper and faster and brought us this bloated slower aussie monaro". They said the quality was poor. Only thing they did praise was the interior, and even that had a very negative spin on it. I cant belive it. Now they have the GTO on classic car and they talked about how they said that the Tempest GTO was better insome aspects as teh ferrari GTO. :angry: Why cant they be like that anymore. THen Yates came on and said that "We said that American cars can deliver as much power and fair as whats coming over from England"??? ENGLAND? Does he even know where Ferrari comes from!! I am so pissed right now. C&D tore this car apart. Not only for the looks, but for everyting. They only managed a 14 sec 1/4?? LAME!! But, I swear when they review the Mustang that they will hump the hell out of that, and it will only run about the same time.

And now, I just heard this heavy metal music... and I look over.. and its... its... its a prius? prius= heavy metal? They are saying that the car isnt fast, and it doesnt handle well.... they do know that this is just a econo box right? These are grown up ricers people. No flare, and if its american fawk them unless it has wings, scoops, 18's and spinners. sorry for the rant...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Jan 24 2004, 05:49 PM
They killed this car. To anyone that was watching this, they turned this mild mannerd car, and basicly said that it was crap, a waste of time, was a dumb idea, and "they killed the camaro Z28 which was cheaper and faster and brought us this bloated slower aussie monaro". They said the quality was poor. Only thing they did praise was the interior, and even that had a very negative spin on it. I cant belive it. Now they have the GTO on classic car and they talked about how they said that the Tempest GTO was better insome aspects as teh ferrari GTO. :angry: Why cant they be like that anymore. THen Yates came on and said that "We said that American cars can deliver as much power and fair as whats coming over from England"??? ENGLAND? Does he even know where Ferrari comes from!! I am so pissed right now. C&D tore this car apart. Not only for the looks, but for everyting. They only managed a 14 sec 1/4?? LAME!! But, I swear when they review the Mustang that they will hump the hell out of that, and it will only run about the same time.

And now, I just heard this heavy metal music... and I look over.. and its... its... its a prius? prius= heavy metal? They are saying that the car isnt fast, and it doesnt handle well.... they do know that this is just a econo box right? These are grown up ricers people. No flare, and if its american fawk them unless it has wings, scoops, 18's and spinners. sorry for the rant...
Remind me to stop watching C+D TV...

I'm not a fan of the new GTO for reasons previously said, but that's not the point. It has great quality, and has a performance edge...

WTF are they smoking? I might not like it, but even I have to admit that was VERY and EXCESSIVELY harsh! A**HOLES!

:argue:

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Don't worry, Big Al. Prius does NOT equal heavy metal. Prius equals something more like James Taylor. Really, few cars are truly heavy metal. The Pontiac Banshee was heavy metal.

Ghrank

·
Registered
776 Posts
Yeah, I got a C+D subscription from friend, and I can't stand to read it. I keep it around because it's like my spinach. If I need to get p. o.'d and use my super-powers I just read through C+D's garbage. Then I'm ready to beat up everything in my path!!

Just don't take it to work, that kind of attitude can get you fired :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
After I read the Good SRX and XLR reviews, I figured they would turn around. So I subscribed. BIG MISTAKE!! The placed the Silverado 4th out of 4!!! even behind the friggin Tundra. This is a disgrace. And guess what is on my desk right now, a request to renew my subscription for another year...just gimme a sec here....::Rip:: ::Rip:: ::Rip::...and that is the end of that....

·
Registered
29 Posts
More like GM haters..they always bash GM..that show sucks anyway and so does the magazine :flush:

·
Registered
750 Posts
"well we havn't driven it....but we hear its real slow and it sucks because its not an automatic and doesnt have a big T on it."

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Anti GM scum sucking / unfair / eliteist / snoby / self inportant / Euro/Japophile C&D editers. Need I say MORE!!!!! :plasma:

·
Registered
641 Posts
I usually don't have a problem with C&D reviews but this review just seems to contradict just about every other review I have ever seen for the GTO and Monaro...including the review from their own magazine!

IMHO it definitely calls into question the professionalism of C&D.

Anyone remember the speech from Lutz where he "warned" the press about this sort of behavior? I would love to hear what he has to say if he sees this review.

I posted something similar on another forum regarding the "bloated pig" comment. Basically the GTO is right where it should be regarding weight when you look at other high performance mid-sizers:

GTO HP: 350
GTO Weight: 3725
GTO Length: 189.8
Weight Balance: 55/45

M5 HP: 394
M5 Weight: 4024
M5 Length: 188.3
Weight Balance: est. 50/50

CTS-V HP: 400
CTS-V Weight: 3847
CTS Length: 190.1
Weight Balance: 54/46

I am a big BMW fan and the M5 is just about my favorite car...so considering that I just don't see the proble with the GTO. The only thing I can see that I would want GM to improve with the next model is weight distribution.

People have to keep in mind the GTO/Monaro is not a sports car. It is, IMO, more along the lines of a personal sport/luxury coupe. A very comfortable GT car that more closely resembles a german touring coupe than an American pony car (like the Mustang and F-bodies).

Anyway that is my opinion on the matter for what it is worth.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Car and Driver sucks. I love the new GTO, wish they'd come to Canada.

C&D can't drive, they pulled a 15.1 in a '03 Mustang GT.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Jon02SilverGT@Jan 25 2004, 03:45 AM
Car and Driver sucks. I love the new GTO, wish they'd come to Canada.

WOW, thats sad. A quadrapaligic could pull better times. I cant wait to watch it again tomorrow, just in case I missed something. Top Gears review of the Monaro was amazing and they really loved the car, and that one didn thave the motor this one does. That top gear guy is pretty cool and he loved the aussie car. He was happy with the interior and handling. I dont get it? Why does CD have a stick up there a$$? I guess it was because of teh pre-production model, but even still? All the rest of the review on TV were good and very postive on the car. This was the first negative report. And it was done by that scrawny jack off guy. What happend to the dude that use to do the gun show too? The guy with the sunglasses and mustache?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28+Jan 24 2004, 11:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigals87z28 @ Jan 24 2004, 11:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jon02SilverGT@Jan 25 2004, 03:45 AM
Car and Driver sucks.  I love the new GTO, wish they'd come to Canada.

WOW, thats sad. A quadrapaligic could pull better times. I cant wait to watch it again tomorrow, just in case I missed something. Top Gears review of the Monaro was amazing and they really loved the car, and that one didn thave the motor this one does. That top gear guy is pretty cool and he loved the aussie car. He was happy with the interior and handling. I dont get it? Why does CD have a stick up there a$$? I guess it was because of teh pre-production model, but even still? All the rest of the review on TV were good and very postive on the car. This was the first negative report. And it was done by that scrawny jack off guy. What happend to the dude that use to do the gun show too? The guy with the sunglasses and mustache? [/b][/quote]
Jim Scoutton was his name and probably got fired because he likes the cars we all love, and ever since he left the show things have gone down from there. C&D sucks!!!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Originally posted by mgescuro+Jan 25 2004, 05:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mgescuro @ Jan 25 2004, 05:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nsap@Jan 24 2004, 01:56 PM
two words:    Import Lovers :argue:
Ironic how the GTO is an import. :lol: [/b][/quote]
Poor GM, even when they import something they cant win with the C&D aholes

·
Registered
373 Posts
Oh yea, i saw that on tv(i was gonna post that damn it!), its true guys, seriously. its got australian brakes thats supposed to work good on dirt roads, the design isnt really that "GTOish" The suspension and rear end aint like the corvette, the control arms are stout welded steel and forged iron, and the crossmembers to which they attach are beefy stampings and tubes, its supposed to be driven on australian roads. And what he said was that "...Gm gave away the z28, which was faster cheaper and better looking, and they gave us this slow under developed bloated holden monero...doesnt impress me....." when you look at the arithmatic, its true guys....

·
Registered
151 Posts
While were on the Spike TV automotive program, I always wondered about this one think about "Trucks TV" that always bothered me. Does anybody know what happened to the other guy that used to host Trucks? I think his name was Mel and he just went away around season 3. It's just been bothering me for a long time. Also my other question is......
If C/D addressed the problems on the GTO, will GM correct them for next year?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts