GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched Car and Driver on Spike tv.
They discussed the prototype (concept) Chevrolet SS coupe. Boy, threy had to really dig for something bad to say. The young man's parting words were that GM, if they ever introduce the vehicle, will screw it up.
In the same show, they couldn't say enough good about that awful looking Honda Pilot. That wannabe Hummer with no balls and rubber floors. Their parting shots were that Honda HAS DONE IT AGAIN with a great vehicle aimed at the 20 something males who are athletic.
Well, it's been a long time since I have been 20 something but I am still athletic. 20 something or 50 something that vehicle is ugly and cheap looking. And how they can, in one show, knock the new SS and just slobber over this vehicle that does nothing or anybody is beyond me. The Pilot makes the Marathon lok like a Cadillac.

·
Registered
475 Posts
That thing was damn ugly, very close in looks to the RX-8.

Although Car and Driver wouldn't have liked it if it was the best car in history. It is American after all, their owners just wouldn't approve of a good review.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Dec 7 2003, 07:58 AM
The pilot is a wannabe Hummer? on what planet?
Maybe hes talking about the Element? That thing goes have that "my mommys a H2" look with the plasic cladding. I dont know how the element sells? If Chevy and Honda made the same car, everyone would pick Honda over Chevy. Just look at the Matrix and the Vibe. Which one sells more? ( i belive its the matrix) Its the same car in and out I belive, but because it says Toyota and not Pontiac they buy it. Sometimes I think if the imports have been brain washing people? I ususaly regard that as stupid, untill i see another person in an element? What could posses you to drive such a car? How about that xB thing from scion? WTF is that crap? Im sorry, but if the xB can exist, yet the fbody sales were under 100k total, Im almost convinced that the world has been under hypnotic trans.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry fellas. It was the Element shown on the tv. A big, boxy thing (if it was American, they would be bashing it as having the aerodynamics of a billboard) with little power and less style. I love that industrial grade rubber on the floor.
Maybe (a big maybe) if it sold in the low teens, it would be attractive to buyers seeking the meagerest of transportation in exchange for a small price. But being in the 20's if an automatic is ordered is simply nuts.
Also, what is with putting the trans shifter on the dash? And if it is a manual tranny, this must be awkward as heck to shift.
Well, as the program states, all you young energetic males are flocking to the dealerships for one. HaHa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts