GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Corvette to Launch as a Brand in 2025 with a Four-Door and an SUV
These new EV spinoffs will reportedly aim to distill the "essence of Corvette" in terms of design and driving dynamics.

Car and Driver
Published: Nov 29, 2022

2020 chevrolet corvette stingray

• The next move for GM with its valued Corvette nameplate will be to launch a Corvette subbrand.
  • It will include a four-door "coupe" and a sporty high-performance crossover to partner the upcoming two-seater Corvette EV.
  • The new Corvette lineup will be positioned well above its rivals, such as a future trio of electric Mustangs.

· Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
5,269 Posts
As the owner of Corvettes for over 40 years, I used to hate taking the cars to a Chevrolet dealer for warranty (or customer pay) service.

Since the Corvette lineup is being expanded, sort of like the Porsche brand, I hope GM figures out how to provide excellent service for the new Corvette customers.
Chevrolet dealerships do quite well in the J.D. Power Customer Service Index study, though I agree with you that class leading excellence in this regard would be appropriate for Corvette customers.

Font Parallel Electric blue Rectangle Number

· Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I'm a huge, lifelong Corvette lover, and I think GM should have done this years ago. I wish it had happened before the EV transition, but it probably would have been more expensive.

I've envisioned a lineup of --

• C8
  • A Solstice GXP-type of small, light convertible
  • A Panamera type of car
  • A Cayenne competitor

· Registered
4,645 Posts
No brainer. Porche laid the groundwork, Mach E proved consumers would accept Domestic Brands doing it. This should print money.

· Registered
3,384 Posts
Dumb... but hard to resist the acceptance the 'Mustang' Mach-E is seeing.
At the same time, More people tend to Scoff at the fact that it is "Called" a Mustang, than people who Buy one or even consider it as anything but a BEV offering It could have been called a "Fred" and still sell almost as well.

"Mach E" would have sufficed.

· Registered
2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Premier
1,457 Posts
So GM wants to make a sports subbrand Corvette to separate it from the mainstream Chevrolet. This makes sense since all GM brands get Luxury/Sport trim.

Chevrolet - Corvette.
GMC - Denali
Buick - Avenir
Cadillac - Blackwing/V

.In essence, we see what Pontiac was supposed to be, only without overbranding.

· Registered
681 Posts
Not a fan of this idea. Pontiac should be a brand building hot performance sedans and Suvs. But if Corvette does it, maybe it's high time GM to treat this brand together with Cadillac seriously and make it global? I mean Kia/Hyundai global not GM global.

· Registered
6,137 Posts
I disagree with this move and I have disagreed with the idea since I first read about it in motor trend in the 80s! Are the Chevrolet dealers still going to sell all Corvettes? Or will it move to it’s own standalone location? I wonder how the Chevy dealers are feeling about this right now?

· Super Moderator
21,411 Posts
I disagree with this move and I have disagreed with the idea since I first read about it in motor trend in the 80s! Are the Chevrolet dealers still going to sell all Corvettes? Or will it move to it’s own standalone location? I wonder how the Chevy dealers are feeling about this right now?
"More high demand product to mark up over MSRP? Sounds good to us!"

· Registered
460 Posts
I read the article a few times and still want something clarified. Is Corvette going to be similar to what GMC is doing with Hummer, or will it branded as a separate division? I'd much rather have Hummer and Corvette be seen as separate divisions. Having those premium brands offer multiple vehicles and attached to GMC and Chevy dilutes their value, IMO.

· Registered
1,791 Posts
The only reason GM/Chevy wants to do this is because they believe the Corvette name alone will allow them to price it outrageously like the Hummer EV. They shouldn’t do this to Corvettes name.

Why not do it with Camaro name instead since they don’t know what to do with that model. A fresh idea may be what it needs since it’s unpopular among its competitors.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts