GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car & Driver

Even with a Ouija board, we’ll never know whether Keats was given to prophecy. But in the case of the ATS we can augment Mr. Keats with this corollary: a thing of beauty is more of a joy if it goes fast, thrives on switchbacks, stops in a hurry, and generates a compelling bond with its driver.

The ATS answers positively to all of the above, and anyone who fails to see beauty in this sporty variant needs to visit an optometrist. Soon.
Pretty Glowing Review

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Congrats. Sedan or coupe?
Its a 13, so of course its a sedan! My ATS is also a '13 (Performance, 3.6 V-6) and has had an issue with an interior temp gauge and noise from the rear shocks, but now that those issues have been fixed, and with 19k miles on her, my ATS is a great car, wonderful to drive, reliable and well built (insofar as squeaks and rattles). I took her in for her two recalls this morning (30 mins at Sewell Houston, excellent professional service) and took the time to check out a red '15 Coupe. It looks quite different to the sedan, and I must say I like that '15 front end. If I was staying in the US long term, I would definately buy one. But I'm here for one more year, so no dice. Until then, I'll have my amazing '13 sedan to play with!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
But I'm here for one more year, so no dice. Until then, I'll have my amazing '13 sedan to play with!
From a fun to drive perspective, ATS is hard to beat. Enjoy your drives in the USA in your final year!

Reactions: patrickbec

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I saw a coupe for the first time last weekend. Pictures do not do this car justice.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Me want!

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Car & Driver

Pretty Glowing Review

Not a bad review but read the comments. There is a lot of skepticism of the ridiculous over charge for a Camaro based V6 and the less then exciting style.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
There is a lot of skepticism of the ridiculous over charge for a Camaro based V6 and the less then exciting style.
These two issues are easily addressed:
1.) Specify the 2.0L turbo and manual transmission instead of the V6/6AT.
2.) ATS is a driver's car; owners are much more likely to be focused on the thrilling driving experience than on exterior styling. After all, one doesn't spend much time pinpointing the car's exterior styling details when ensconced in the driver's seat. ;)

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
C>ats sedan
There is no non-AMG C-Class sedan (W204 or W205) that will deliver a more fun to drive experience than a comparable ATS, particularly in terms of steering and handling.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
These two issues are easily addressed:
1.) Specify the 2.0L turbo and manual transmission instead of the V6/6AT.
2.) ATS is a driver's car; owners are much more likely to be focused on the thrilling driving experience than on exterior styling. After all, one doesn't spend much time pinpointing the car's exterior styling details when ensconced in the driver's seat. ;)
I kind of agree with you in a sense. There is a brand new 2015 black 3.6 ATS coupe sitting in my local dealers lot. The driver in me is tempted by this car knowing that is going to be a better driving car then my CTS coupe. However, I just can't get excited by the styling, it seems like a step down. Oh well...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Only V can give u a fun... Base models are boring, including the c's. When I say better, I'm talkin' about interiors, quality and design(design according to my taste). Well maybe it's better in person, I don't know...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.