GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. I came across this site doing research on a new 08 Silverado. I have a 06 LS 4X4 that i owe 16K on and is worth 13K. I am looking at a Ext cab 4X4 again. Sticker is around 32K. I know GM is bringing back employee pricing, but just how does GMS pricing work?? is it invoice + hold back?? Can they go any lower then the GMS pricing? Is it GMS pricing + rebates?? I am just trying to avoid as much of the 3K negative equity as i can. Getting all my numbers straight before walking into the pit of death! Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Hello All. I came across this site doing research on a new 08 Silverado. I have a 06 LS 4X4 that i owe 16K on and is worth 13K. I am looking at a Ext cab 4X4 again. Sticker is around 32K. I know GM is bringing back employee pricing, but just how does GMS pricing work?? is it invoice + hold back?? Can they go any lower then the GMS pricing? Is it GMS pricing + rebates?? I am just trying to avoid as much of the 3K negative equity as i can. Getting all my numbers straight before walking into the pit of death! Thanks for any help.
I would love to see GM make a sale of course, but what is wrong with your '06?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to see GM make a sale of course, but what is wrong with your '06?
its the base model.. been in the shop 5 times and only has 34K (both wheel bearings, steering input shaft, AC relay, AC actuator) if i am having this many problems now... who knows what to expect in another 34K... plus i am just getting tired of the hand crank windows!!

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
its the base model.. been in the shop 5 times and only has 34K (both wheel bearings, steering input shaft, AC relay, AC actuator) if i am having this many problems now... who knows what to expect in another 34K... plus i am just getting tired of the hand crank windows!!
ah i see... well i'm no expert but I would think that you can probably get a better deal than GMS a few months from now when they get really desperate to unload the '08s.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Shoulda got it yesterday- GMS + 0% for 6 years!

To help answer your question, GMS created by GM as a set price and is on the Invoice for each and every vehicle.

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
I think GMS is invoice less holdback less advertising, and unless rebates get any higher you can't buy a GM vehicle for less.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Are you sure your trade in is worth $13k? Has a dealership offered you that much?

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
The majority of dealerships out there won't even take a truck or SUV on trade.

I wish you luck.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
what about paying off as much of the 3K as possible... by this time- it will be later in the year--- and theyd be willing to sell you leftover 08's at a much better price?

·
Registered
669 Posts

Holy Canola Batboy!!! Hand cranked windows!!! Man...I haven’t touched one since the late 80’s.

I know people will hate me, but have you look at the new 2009 Dodge Ram? I have heard they are really really really desperate.

Good luck getting the brand new truck! :)

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Are you sure your trade in is worth $13k? Has a dealership offered you that much?
i believe it, my bro shopped his truck truck around a little bit, his an 06 ls w/ power and a/c and he was offered only 12,500

1 - 14 of 14 Posts