Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't see this posted anywhere.....

Reader Spy: Bumblebee on set at Drexel University

Posted Jun 14th 2008 8:01PM by Alex Nunez
Filed under: Etc., Chevrolet, GM, Celebrities

Click above for a photo gallery courtesy of AB reader Aleks Witko

Thanks to reader Aleks Witko, who sent in the enclosed shots of the SS-ified (but certainly not sissified) 2008 edition of Bumblebee. The Transformers crew was shooting scenes at Drexel University in Philly, and Aleks scored some nice overhead shots of the car down on the street below. (One nice thing about movie sets: the lighting's going to be good.) Even better (for him), he reports, " Lucky for me, I also got to meet Megan Fox." Lucky, indeed.

Gallery: Bumblebee goes to Philly

[Source and Photos: Aleks Wytko]

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/14/reader-spy-bumblebee-on-set-at-drexel-university/

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Those wheels look like the ones from the Convertible concept. I wonder if the hood is different for different's sake or what's going on here.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
thats crazy that they are filming in philly, its right next door to me and i had no idea. there have been so many movies filmed here lately, I guess its cheaper than anywhere else. I know someone who is gonna be in the movie, but not sure what their part is. I wonder if there is anyway to know when they are doing this stuff, i wanna see some of the cars.

·
Registered
96 Posts
thats crazy that they are filming in philly, its right next door to me and i had no idea. there have been so many movies filmed here lately, I guess its cheaper than anywhere else. I know someone who is gonna be in the movie, but not sure what their part is. I wonder if there is anyway to know when they are doing this stuff, i wanna see some of the cars.
http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/2008/06/filming-today-and-other-days.html

Filming Today and Other Days

From various anonymous sources (thanks) comes a possible shoot schedule with many gaps. Exact addresses are unknown nor are times and for how long. I just have potential locations. I am not entirely sure but I think the University of Pennsylvania part of the shoot is now complete.

Today, June 14
The Free Library on Ben Franklin Parkway, PA
Richmond Power Plant, PA
Update: I have been informed by "RoxyGr" that additional filming occured at the PECO Power Plant and 25th and Washington (A chase scene with a silver Saturn with bullet holes in it).

June 18 "Saturn on Hook", no idea exactly what that means, maybe local Philly residents will
June 19 unknown location but involved a French theme
June 22 Brooklyn Bridge, NY
June ? Bannerman Island, NY
June ? Princeton University

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUESTION: What car has a much better looking exterior design than either the Mustang or the new Challenger?
Just you wait. The 2009 Mustang will blow the doors off the Camaro and Challenger! :yup: ( Yes! Them there are fightin words!)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today, June 14
The Free Library on Ben Franklin Parkway, PA
Richmond Power Plant, PA
Update: I have been informed by "RoxyGr" that additional filming occured at the PECO Power Plant and 25th and Washington (A chase scene with a silver Saturn with bullet holes in it).
I wish I wasn't stuck at work or I would be there now! :( The Ben Franklin Parkway is only 13 miles away!

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Just you wait. The 2009 Mustang will blow the doors off the Camaro and Challenger! :yup: ( Yes! Them there are fightin words!)
That all depends on which package you're talking about. The base V6 Camaro 300hp, beats mustang, base V8 Camaro guessing 400 or so hp, beats mustang. Now the specialty Mustangs, that will be another story until Camaro get's ramped up and they can get the SS (or whatever it'll be called ) out but expect that to best the "Kitt" car! :D

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
We saw those rims in the last pics from the set. Very nice indeed...Also, love the detail (indent) on the roof. Still looks good, but needs to get here soon!

I wonder what Saturn will be in the movie?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Today, June 14
(A chase scene with a silver Saturn with bullet holes in it).
Did anyone else see this line? Could this be the Corvette-looking machine we were talking about a couple of days ago?

·
Registered
876 Posts
QUESTION: What car has a much better looking exterior design than either the Mustang or the new Challenger?
QUESTION:
Which car can I buy now?

ANSWER:
The Mustang or the new Challenger.

GM should have had this car out two years ago. $5/gallon gas is going to dent sales and/or force GM to neuter it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
And you all said that the Rumble Bee was a stupid name. They call this thing the 'bumble bee'? LoL! Whats different about the bumble bee then the other Camaros?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I go to drexel but im home in pittsburgh for the week. i can't believe i missed it! i'm also a member of drexel's formula society of automotive engineers where we design and build a small F1 car every year and we were doing acceleration tests with our car a few weeks ago in that exact same location (chestnut street).

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
they have been in PA for a few weeks now. I havent seen any filming downtown and they have been keeping a low profile. I know they are filming in Bethlehem at the old steel plant as well. I read in the paper that the director and Megan Fox were seen having dinner at the Ritz Carlton downtown. I am really curious as to how Philly becomes part of the plot.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I'm not liking the new hood or front facia, the orgional was perfection! And this is what you get when you mess with perfection, still darn cool, but not perfect IMO! That and Bumblebee gets to keeop the cool fuel filler door, while the production Camaro gets the regular flip door! Oh well, could be worse.......It could have a SRT badge:D!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
QUESTION:
Which car can I buy now?

ANSWER:
The Mustang or the new Challenger.

GM should have had this car out two years ago. $5/gallon gas is going to dent sales and/or force GM to neuter it.

QUESTION:
Which car would I buy right now, Mustang or Challenger?

ANSWER:
Neither, I'll wait for the Camaro.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts