GM Inside News Forum banner

Ford F-150 Lightning EV Or Chevy Silverado EV?

• Chevy Silverado EV

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Ford F-150 Lightning EV

Votes: 3 17.6%
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Warming an entire BEV cabin is very inefficient.

Keeping warm by turning on seat warmers with a full battery will last much longer than keeping warm in an ICE vehicle with a full tank.

Whether you use residual heat from the ICE to warm the cabin or power the seat warmers from the 12v battery powered by the ICE.

And if you buy a BEV in a region that gets very cold without seat warmers you are a moron.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt Premier
1,319 Posts
What month did you get your Bolt and did you put a trailer-hitch on it, or does your lifestyle only require the utility of a Chevy Sonic?
Got my Bolt in September of 2020. I didn't put a trailer hitch on my Bolt because I don't tow with it like the majority of pickup truck buyers these days.

·
Registered
21,687 Posts

Keeping warm by turning on seat warmers with a full battery will last much longer than keeping warm in an ICE vehicle with a full tank.

Whether you use residual heat from the ICE to warm the cabin or power the seat warmers from the 12v battery powered by the ICE.

And if you buy a BEV in a region that gets very cold without seat warmers you are a moron.
Do you think a heated seat will keep you warm, in an otherwise cold cabin!? 🤣

Got my Bolt in September of 2020. I didn't put a trailer hitch on my Bolt because I don't tow with it like the majority of pickup truck buyers these days.
Oh-boy........... I assume your truck had a bed, so going from a Sierra to a Bolt, (assuming you used your bed) you would need a trailer; sounds like you had a $60,000 truck but really didn't need it, "like the majority of pickup truck buyers these days"..... (your words, not mine)

I don't tow very often much either, but the bed gets a lot of use, I had it packed full of boxes on Saturday, and the cab was full too!

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
2,901 Posts

So, live in -40F much? A warm Butt, but Frosted windows is fine?
It's been -10--40F (without Windchill) here since Christmas. Even my F150 is feeling the effects with switches sticking and messing up from frozen condensation.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt Premier
1,319 Posts
I don't tow very often much either, but the bed gets a lot of use, I had it packed full of boxes on Saturday, and the cab was full too!
Loading it with empty Busch Lite cans does not count. Lots of those rolling around here.

·
Registered
375 Posts
So, live in -40F much? A warm Butt, but Frosted windows is fine?
It's been -10--40F (without Windchill) here since Christmas. Even my F150 is feeling the effects with switches sticking and messing up from frozen condensation.
Your butt, thighs, and back don't warm independently of the rest of your body.

Frosted windows are fine when stuck in hrs/days long traffic jam when the car is not moving.

·
Registered
21,687 Posts
Your butt, thighs, and back don't warm independently of the rest of your body.

Frosted windows are fine when stuck in hrs/days long traffic jam when the car is not moving.
You seriously think a heated seat will keep you warm, WOW.

Will it "help" sure, but you better have a thick coat, hat, gloves and/or blankets.

Reactions: 1958carnut
41 - 47 of 47 Posts