GM Inside News Forum banner

Ford F-150 Lightning EV Or Chevy Silverado EV?

• Chevy Silverado EV

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Ford F-150 Lightning EV

Votes: 3 17.6%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
21,683 Posts
Once they finish building that F-150 Lighting, and sell it, they'll be tied with GM in EV Truck Sales!

Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,465 Posts
$67K starting for the Lariat!?!? Damn, that's a chunk of change to get leather seats. But like my brother always says, "they'll be more expensive next year".
Don’t forget the dealer “market adjustment” up to $30K!

·
Registered
590 Posts
$67K starting for the Lariat!?!? Damn, that's a chunk of change to get leather seats. But like my brother always says, "they'll be more expensive next year".
I built a Lariat for fun without extended range. 72K and only has 230 miles of range. Pricing on my yet to finalized ordered base 2022 MCE Sierra Denali 4WD Shortbox with a 5.3L that will go 400 miles on a tank of petrol for approximately 65K is looking like a ‘value’ and that is just plain sad. IMHO these are except for the base easily 10K to 15K too high.

Holy smokes my XLT without extended range was 66K with cloth seats. No, thank you that is on the wrong side of crazy. The base looks like a deal until I realized it might be vinyl seats only!

I noticed they copied the base Pro trim from GMC too.

Reactions: RamJet502

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I will admit that the pricing for an XLT ER basically doomed my reservation for a Lightning. I guess I'm buying another ICE after all.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Talked my Dad into one of these F-150 Lightnings. His said he wants the one without the eyebrow light across the hood but wants the Platinum version. 😂 I said that’s not how it works! Dude said if I’m spending 100K they better make it like I want it. 😂 Good luck Dad!
You don't think the dealer can disconnect that light bar? Or he could even do it himself.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
While the ranges seem overtly short, these first generation EV trucks will likely just be show off pieces. Imaging losing half of your 230 mile range, having to find a charger while camping just to ensure you make it home. Interesting times we live in!

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
I would buy the F-Series base model "Pro" $39,974 (No silly light on top of grille, that other road users would get annoyed with after night).

Chevrolet Silverado EV prototype is out on display today, hopefully, better things will come to those that wait.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
You don't think the dealer can disconnect that light bar? Or he could even do it himself.
Base model does not have that stupid light bar in 1st the post showing the 4 models, what a big bonus(y) affordability without the tat light bar tacked onto the top of the grille.

Pro- Base Model will be the most popular best selling model, the other 3 the rest are way way to expensive will price themselves out of the market, need cut out the tat like the light bar, have it as an optional extra if you are the sort of guy that like blinding other road users with a mass of lights at the front of your truck.

·
Registered
21,683 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Bolt Premier
1,317 Posts
How big was the discount on you Bolt again?
I really wasn't in the market for an EV or any car but GM threw every incentive they could at me to get me to give it a try. Probably a pretty good way to get adoption no?

·
Registered
21,683 Posts
Wait I have been told here that people don't want EVs.

I really wasn't in the market for an EV or any car but GM threw every incentive they could at me to get me to give it a try. Probably a pretty good way to get adoption no?
Did you just prove my point?

As 'cool' as this and the Hummer are, at these prices?...........

GM is taking a very unique approach, the most expensive Hummer and the cheapest Silverado, do we think that was GM's original plan, or is it in reaction to Ford's F150 Lightning successful role-out?

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,767 Posts
Did you just prove my point?

As 'cool' as this and the Hummer are, at these prices?...........

GM is taking a very unique approach, the most expensive Hummer and the cheapest Silverado, do we think that was GM's original plan, or is it in reaction to Ford's F150 Lightning successful role-out?
I tend to think it's a reaction. The brass at gm went all in for showboating Hummer and Ford stole the limelight from them so to speak.

·
Registered
21,683 Posts
Not at all. I wasn't in the market but the deal made me buy. Aren't you the one that also buys based on there being a deal to be had?

Honestly, they should pay me to drive it with all of the defending against the luddites on here that I do ;)
I'm just reading what you wrote, but you made it sound like they almost did.

Is the Silverado "neat" sure, I'd buy the $100K one; for $50,000.

My motto has been, "I'll buy (or sell) anything if the price is right" nothing wrong with a great deal, I welcome you to the club, but the fact you got such a great deal is because sales were so bad; proving my point of lack of demand.....

I got my Volt Lease for $175/month.

Reactions: Greg Burr
1 - 20 of 47 Posts