GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i first saw the nomad concept, i thought "okay, i like the solstice and curve better, but...pretty cool." well, apparently a lot more people thought a lot more of the car, vintage corvette grille and all. so, when i read bob lutz's comment about the nomad being a great car but a poor fit for chevrolet (or something to that effect), another epiphany struck: that oval grille screamed another option to me. once again...buick.

on the marketing side--what better way to give buick a younger market and more entry-level product? and i think buick is a better place to compete with the likes of mini. bring on the centiemme and buick is no longer "your dad's car."

anyway, here's the idea... (funny, i'm actually more of a chevy guy)

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think the designer was right on in choosing the shape for the lights on this front-end shape. i thought about it and they're not particularly chevy, so i kept them. i thought the same thing with the wheels, plus they fit the category as a competitor for mini. i did consider more spokes, but figured i'd get input first.

thanks

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, i did change the angle on the b-pillar. i figure the angle on the nomad is too much like the original '54 chevy concept, so i made the conventional change. and i thought of "invicta" as being maybe the most appropriate sounding, but maybe a new name would capture the sense of this car better. hmmm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.