GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i first saw the nomad concept, i thought "okay, i like the solstice and curve better, but...pretty cool." well, apparently a lot more people thought a lot more of the car, vintage corvette grille and all. so, when i read bob lutz's comment about the nomad being a great car but a poor fit for chevrolet (or something to that effect), another epiphany struck: that oval grille screamed another option to me. once again...buick.

on the marketing side--what better way to give buick a younger market and more entry-level product? and i think buick is a better place to compete with the likes of mini. bring on the centiemme and buick is no longer "your dad's car."

anyway, here's the idea... (funny, i'm actually more of a chevy guy)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think the designer was right on in choosing the shape for the lights on this front-end shape. i thought about it and they're not particularly chevy, so i kept them. i thought the same thing with the wheels, plus they fit the category as a competitor for mini. i did consider more spokes, but figured i'd get input first.

thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ackenda: Oh boy, I hope you read my appreciation of your silver 2-door Buick Grand National. Now, this. :lol: Wow! (Will you marry me? - ha! ha!) Your concept has an eye-catching color! Beautiful integration of the Buick grill! Creative idea to spur Buick's image! Classy! Sporty! Nice entry-level size! Hmmm... how about a high-class, disappearing antenna in the right rear fender? As for a name? Traditional possibilities include Wildcat, Roadmaster, Special, or Invicta. Actually, I'd like to call it... mine!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, i did change the angle on the b-pillar. i figure the angle on the nomad is too much like the original '54 chevy concept, so i made the conventional change. and i thought of "invicta" as being maybe the most appropriate sounding, but maybe a new name would capture the sense of this car better. hmmm.

·
Registered
316 Posts
very nice taillight mod. i really like the idea...to be honest i don't care if it's a buick or a chevy, as long as the look stays similar to the concept and it doesn't cost too much. all i know is that i'd really like to have one.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Rough... by the way Lutz's comments were directed more at the 'sell-ability' of the Nomad... not too many people will line up for a 2 door station wagon with a 4 cyl.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Originally posted by SilverZ@Jan 16 2004, 07:36 PM
Rough... by the way Lutz's comments were directed more at the 'sell-ability' of the Nomad... not too many people will line up for a 2 door station wagon with a 4 cyl.
Cuz these 4 cylinder 2 door wagons have sales problems?

·
Registered
381 Posts
For some reason I don't think the Nomad would share the same market with those... those arent wagons to me. Anyways, I didnt explain myself sufficiently... I also did not think it went well with Chevy's current lineup... I was thinking Saab... and the blip, the news came out... anyways, I look forward to a Saab design - which I think may fit the concept a little better...

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
OH YEE OF LITTLE FAITH. The NOMAD is going to come out as a CHEVY not a Buick and sell really well, thankyou very much. It's a bigger version of the Mini that is RWD and will be far more powerfull and more practical. The only company that should worry is BMW when the CHEVY Nomad blows the Mini off the road.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts