1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
:angry:

·
Registered
248 Posts
If I can say something to people trying to post the embargoed pics: STOP! You're making it worse for those of us that can't see them! Thank you.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I found the Buick Velite photos on the web just now after seeing this post.. They are over at {Some Website that disobeys embargoes and should be punished } (TaHoE thinks that was the name of the website) forums.

Looks *AMAZING*..

But also looks *EXPENSIVE*..

Looks nicer/cooler than the Solstice, especially considering it has a back seat.. However, I think its another step in the direction of making Buick = Lexus, [as the similarities to the SC430 are there], and hence, I'll never be able to afford one.

**Sorry but even mensioning where the images comes from gives the credit to websites who are breaking the rules, not your fault, its theirs**

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
I have also seen the pictures and I must say, its nothing that you would expect from a Buick, but its very Buick at the same time. The drawing that was posted here looks very much like the real thing.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Originally posted by jaorobot@Mar 21 2004, 09:25 PM
I found the Buick Velite photos on the web just now after seeing this post.. They are over at {Some Website that disobeys embargoes and should be punished } (TaHoE thinks that was the name of the website) forums.

No, I found those. Those are the photoshopped Lex-arse convertible that's been making the rounds lately.

I really do hate it when they have to pull embargoed stuff. What's their hammer, Rex?

I'm not a copyright lawyer, but if it's not a GM produced photo, the site would be well within its rights to run it. (Say, for instance, a bystander snapped a pic at the Tiger Woods rollout event.) Or are we just trying to maintain friendly relations with the General?

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm curious about this too, although usually the pics are GM produced (media photos distributed early to allow for magazine publication). But, my question is does GMI choose to be a member of the embargo or is it the idea saving GMI a lot of litigation issues if GM were to find out?

I'm asking this because the photo's are clearly availible and what better place to show early photos then on GMI. I feel that if GMI is at no risk by showing the photos then it would be in the readers best interest to allow early viewing of the photos.

So I guess it all comes down to what advantages GMI has by being an embargo member. If it only means being provided with media photography but held to releasing it at a set date then perhaps GMI would be better off not being a member. But if there are added incentives then I suppose it is best for GMI to stay.

Please note I'm mearly pointing out what I see on this site and am in no way trying to direct or insult GMI administration, I'm just curious and don't have much information on the topic.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Frenstall-
You are right, the photos that have been posted and removed are media photos that are distributed to print publications which would need the photos ahead of time since their publications only come one once a month, whereas on GMI news topics change by the minute.

GMI does not post embargoed images, simply because we are following the rules set down by GM Media. By accepting a username and password to GM's Media database you are also agreeing to NOT post embargoed information (which includes images) until the date on the information has expired. If a website like GMI were to post the information or pictures before the date has expired, then a GM representative would contact GMI and insist upon the removal of the images, if we refuse, than GM can pretty much take the site down, which is what we don't want, and which is what should be happening to those sites that frequently post embargoed images.

Sorry for the long response, hope I cleared everything up.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Originally posted by AMcA+Mar 22 2004, 08:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AMcA @ Mar 22 2004, 08:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jaorobot@Mar 21 2004, 09:25 PM

No, I found those. Those are the photoshopped Lex-arse convertible that's been making the rounds lately.

I really do hate it when they have to pull embargoed stuff. What's their hammer, Rex?

I'm not a copyright lawyer, but if it's not a GM produced photo, the site would be well within its rights to run it. (Say, for instance, a bystander snapped a pic at the Tiger Woods rollout event.) Or are we just trying to maintain friendly relations with the General? [/b][/quote]
no, these pictures are clearly the GM media, there are tons of them, they are not photoshopped SC430's..

the pictures i saw, are the ones that GM sent out to magazines.
and yes, they were out on another website

·
Registered
651 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE@Mar 22 2004, 09:28 PM
Frenstall-
You are right, the photos that have been posted and removed are media photos that are distributed to print publications which would need the photos ahead of time since their publications only come one once a month, whereas on GMI news topics change by the minute.

GMI does not post embargoed images, simply because we are following the rules set down by GM Media. By accepting a username and password to GM's Media database you are also agreeing to NOT post embargoed information (which includes images) until the date on the information has expired. If a website like GMI were to post the information or pictures before the date has expired, then a GM representative would contact GMI and insist upon the removal of the images, if we refuse, than GM can pretty much take the site down, which is what we don't want, and which is what should be happening to those sites that frequently post embargoed images.

Sorry for the long response, hope I cleared everything up.
Thank-you Tahoe, that pretty much answered everything perfectly, much appreciated.

...Just out of curiosity, just what other types of information does GMI have access to on the GM Media web site?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts