GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
sweet!
The new GTO is based off from this platform??
This looks smaller than the current GTO. And I LOVE the interior

Just 2 questions, what is that engine, the CTS V6??
And
What happened to picture 13??

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wow, I like it! The modern touch on the portholes is great; classic Buick. Possibly good competition for the Lexus SC. So is this slated for production, or a prototype? On the new Zeta platform correct?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Alright, you caught me with my Photoshop down, let me get it loaded and I'm gonna chop this thing into the new GTO in no time!

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Oh my! I had high expectations of this car, and these photos exceed them. Don't change a thing, GM, and you have yourself a bona fide winner.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by tgagneguam@Mar 23 2004, 01:10 PM
Oh my! I had high expectations of this car, and these photos exceed them. Don't change a thing, GM, and you have yourself a bona fide winner.
I Love it too! Now they need to make it to US Specs such as front turn signals, rear reverse lights, and maybe some other production additions or minor deletions....however, they should keep it close! Leather dash...hmm...never seen the entire dash covered before... Good job... Buick??? :p

133 Posts
YYEEAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

:afro: :bounce: B)

133 Posts
.. Jordan, cross-over...

:afro: :bounce: :chef: B)

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
wow. that's gorgeous. THAT is the direction buick should follow. it has a totally unique look... like nothing else on the market. the front end is spectacular. and the rear end hints at old buicks, but doesn't look retro. maybe they stole innotech's styling cues! that'd blow lexus out of the water. mmmmm good. i didn't think i'd be all hot and bothered over a buick today... but yowza! i need a smoke now... and i don't even smoke!

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
All I can say is WOW.

I have this gnawing fear it won't be produced. At least not like this. I mean, when was the last time Buick made something so nice, and not for the blue hair set or soccer moms? Seems like decades...

If they do - GO BUICK!

And a CTS V6 would just be too sweet. But 3 cyl. on each side...? Heck, even a 3.9L VVT V6 --- or (yes, I'm saying it) the Malibu's 3.5L would be OK. If the weight is kept down, that is.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Not too bad, better than I was expecting. Hope it has some punch to it too, the 3.6 isn't enough.

-T

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Originally posted by cyboexpo2002@Mar 23 2004, 06:16 PM
I Love it too! Now they need to make it to US Specs such as front turn signals, rear reverse lights, and maybe some other production additions or minor deletions....however, they should keep it close! Leather dash...hmm...never seen the entire dash covered before... Good job... Buick??? :p
It llooks to me that the backup lights are on each side of the license plate, and the front turn signals could very well be integrated into the light clusters on the front of the car. The Vibe (and many others) are made that way.

I think it's good as it sits. Build it!

1 - 20 of 217 Posts