GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buick to introduce convertible, crossover in Detroit?
Left Lane News
By Ronan Glon
Tuesday, Jan 6th, 2015

A new report finds Buick will introduce two new models at the Detroit Motor Show that will open its doors next week.

Buick's first debut will be the long-rumored re-badged version of the Opel Cascada (pictured) that has been on sale across Europe for several years. Tentatively called Velite, the droptop will be nearly identical to its Opel-badged sibling inside and out but it will gain a revised front fascia characterized by Buick's traditional waterfall radiator grille. A turbocharged four-cylinder engine will come standard, and a V6 will likely be available as an option.

The Envision will pack a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine rated at 256 horsepower and 260 lb-ft. of torque. Front-wheel drive will come standard, and all-wheel drive will be available as an option.

*Full Article at Link

·
Registered
463 Posts
Is there anything from GM coming out in Detroit that we haven't seen already? It seems all that was planed to bow at the show has been shown ie: Volt, CTS-V, and these two Buicks are nothing new either (though I like them)

·
Premium Member
36,291 Posts
Good moves. But there are 58 pics of the convertible and none of the spute.

Guess which one will sell like free money, and which one will generate lots of looks?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Still no Buick press conference scheduled. If they introduce two vehicles, won't they want to at least have a press conference to talk about them? In other words, this makes no sense. But I hope its true.

·
Premium Member
36,291 Posts
Reactions: samesun

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,314 Posts
If the Cascada gets shown, I'll be curious to see if they dumb it down for the U.S. market.
It actually gets very good reviews. Most of the negatives center around the lack of "sport" and "prestige".

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
If true - This is a smart move for the North American market.
I don't see it getting a V6 option. I can't think of a Delta II platform car that has one and even the Regal doesn't have one

Reactions: paul8488

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,314 Posts
I don't see it getting a V6 option. I can't think of a Delta II platform car that has one and even the Regal doesn't have one
Yeah... I think they're full of it. Doubt it would even fit.
OTOH, the 2.0T engine...

·
Registered
621 Posts
I would really like to see Buick show something at the Detroit Show. In fact, if GM is firing on all cylinders with their designs, there should be no reason why each division shouldn't have something new to look at. Be it a concept or a new vehicle. That's why they dropped 4 divisions, so they could "focus" on four core brands. Refreshing multiple vehicles is not necessary, just saying they should have something for each division. Especially, given the global press core presence, its a great opportunity to do that.

·
Registered
438 Posts
i am skeptical but hope it's true....the Envision is a complete no brainer...will be a good seller, in fact I would have bought one last Summer when I downsized the Enclave to a Terrain. I will be trading the Terrain for the Buick. Cascada....not a volume seller but the lineup needs it. just get these 2 out there then focus on the next gen Enclave, Lacrosse and Verano. watch Buick's sales continue to grow.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
I'm excited to see the convertible and impressed that Buick will have a small, medium and large SUV.

With Chrysler out of the affordable FWD convertible business this is a great opportunity for Buick.

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
If the Cascada gets shown, I'll be curious to see if they dumb it down for the U.S. market.
It actually gets very good reviews. Most of the negatives center around the lack of "sport" and "prestige".

Dumb it down even more? As is, I see it as nothing more than a Sebring convertible replacement.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts