GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
lacrosse within es330 price range, very bad...

as to the velite, buick always shows daring and beautiful show cars, i am yet to see one of the recent ones go into production and look the same..

lacrosse concept vs. lacrosse actual car
velite (convertible)
cielo (sedan with opening roof)
bengal (convertible)
blackhawk (retro thing)
centime (crossover suv/wagon/van)

i mean you can tell me that the velite is coming, but be that as it may it seems like buick is introducing a lot of concepts that not only aren't produced, but from which we're not seeing a whole lot of design elements working their way into production cars either.

· Registered
880 Posts
Originally posted by jsb57@May 18 2004, 08:07 PM
i mean you can tell me that the velite is coming, but be that as it may it seems like buick is introducing a lot of concepts that not only aren't produced, but from which we're not seeing a whole lot of design elements working their way into production cars either.
Hence the name 'concept'. Buick has already said that the Velite is basically a look ahead at future Buicks but I haven't read about confirmation that it will or will not be produced.

· Registered
28 Posts
i'm not saying buick is obligated to produce all these concepts. but....

-people see them and then we get threads which say "buick will conquer all, look at their new concept." many people on this site really insist the velite is coming very similar to the concept.

-year after year, the concept doesn't come to market, design elements from the concept dont come to market. people should stop using buick concepts as bragging ground, and buick should consolidate from 2 companies ("buicks" we see at shows and buicks we get on sale) into one.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.