GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
456 Posts
All I can say is that they really need to move quickly. Yesterday I was visiting a dealer that was closed, just looking at some of what they had on the lot. They had a LeSabre Custom there and it had, without doubt, some of the worst-looking seats I have ever seen. Crummy upholstery, virtually no stiching pattern, absolutely atrocious. Plus 15" wheels that made it look ridiculous, all for $37K Canadian. Next to it was a $43K "Celebration" edition with leather and "White Gold" paint, which was somewhat better, but at $43K was facing some serious competition. Like what I saw on the adjacent lot, the new Acura TL at $40K Cdn, which has an exquisite interior, 17" wheels, and topped the Buick in just about every way. I hate to say it, but if I had $40K to spend, it would be no contest, because I'm not a fan of Honda, but I'd have to buy the TL. It's so frustrating - why can't GM use similar materials and give us at least a competitive interior?

· Registered
456 Posts
Originally posted by T-Keith@Apr 12 2004, 01:58 PM
26,590 Lesabre Custom, 32,635 Lesabre Limited. Prices have crept up in the last couple years, but that's not factoring in the major rebates and discounts. Also the Custom comes standard with tons of features. A camry or Avalon has less power and less options at that price.
The car I saw yesterday was simply uncompetitive with most anything in its price range. The only people who might buy it are seniors who want a bench seat and are unfazed by the price. But for the money, with those ugly seats and shrunken wheels, it doesn't matter what else it has - it's just not in the game. And the seniors I know these days are all pre-sold on Toyotas. They think they are the best cars. I don't necessarily agree, but if you gave me that Lesabre I saw yesterday there's no way I could convince them (or myself) it was a good buy. If GM put a few hundred bucks into better seats, upholstery and wheels they could be much more competitive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.