GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Aside from the huge gaping black grille - that really is about as good as you could expect from a Buick CSV based off of the Venture platform.

The whole interior is a huge step up from the 2004 Silhouette, which was once called the "Cadillac of Minivans":

Wonder how it would look without the blacked out grille?

Also, does anyone have that Grand Prix steering wheel? Is it like a "wobbly tooth" - is the plastic kinda flimsy (hard and hollow sounding) in the center if you press on it on one side causing it to float around? Or is it a solid piece?

·
Registered
252 Posts
The new Interiors in the vans, err.. CSV's, are a VAST improvement over anything GM has ever done. The Terraza's insides look awesome. Just seeing the pic of the current Silhouette and the Terraza in the same thread, it's amazing how much nicer the new ones look. Now, the exterior styling is questionable, but I think it's OK, at least in pics. Final judgement is reserved until I can see them up close.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Jan 2 2004, 06:08 PM
Also, does anyone have that Grand Prix steering wheel? Is it like a "wobbly tooth" - is the plastic kinda flimsy (hard and hollow sounding) in the center if you press on it on one side causing it to float around? Or is it a solid piece?
I drive mom's '04 GP all the time-- but I have no idea what you are asking about the steering wheel. The center cover is like a real hard rubber or soft plastic. It seems pretty solid. I'll try to give you a better answer if you can explain yourself more. ;)

·
Registered
922 Posts
As I have said in previous posts, I like these new (ish) CSV's. And the interior looks even better with these new pics. I did notice one thing I am disapointed with and I know the critics will attack... its that multi function turn signalstalk. I can deal with the fact they put multiple functions on a stalk, but that one is the old cheesey looking one from the eightys and there is some secondary looking stalk on the right!!! Should have put the shifter in the center console and they could have two nice stalks. Yes a little nag, but could give a person a bad thought about the vehical.

·
Registered
790 Posts
great intirior!!!!

and you just cant make the outside of a minivan look good. you just cant. no ever has and i dont think anyone ever will. but this is a good shot. better than most out there.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by Mr_Pringle+Jan 2 2004, 10:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr_Pringle @ Jan 2 2004, 10:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ming@Jan 2 2004, 06:08 PM
Also, does anyone have that Grand Prix steering wheel?  Is it like a "wobbly tooth" - is the plastic kinda flimsy (hard and hollow sounding) in the center if you press on it on one side causing it to float around?  Or is it a solid piece?
I drive mom's '04 GP all the time-- but I have no idea what you are asking about the steering wheel. The center cover is like a real hard rubber or soft plastic. It seems pretty solid. I'll try to give you a better answer if you can explain yourself more. ;) [/b][/quote]
OK, I think I was sitting in a pre-production model at the auto show last year or something, that explains the weird steering wheel thing. :) Good to know the production models are solid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You are indeed right about that stalk. That thing has been around forever. I am beginning to think that it will never go away. I am thinking that the rear wiper switch has taken the place of where the cruise control switch used to be located on the stalk. My reasoning for this is that from the pictures I have seen there appears to be no rear wiper switch anywhere else, and there is now a lower stalk on the right designated to cruise control. Does anyone have a closeup picture of the headlight switch? I am wondering if they give you the option to turn off the DRL's and the Automatic Headlamps like most of the other 2004's do (Silverado, Trailblazer, Grand Prix, etc.) Thanks, Kyle

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by LGRpup@Jan 2 2004, 10:49 PM
its that multi function turn signalstalk. I can deal with the fact they put multiple functions on a stalk, but that one is the old cheesey looking one from the eightys and there is some secondary looking stalk on the right!!!
At least the new stalks now are made of a more durable plastic. The old GM multi-function stalks were made of shiny, cheap black plastic that eventually would crack and break on you.... They were also thinner and didn't have as good of a tactile feedback when you would use the turn signal -- and eventually that would break, too.

The design may look old, but the parts have to be new - the thing just operates and feels so much better than the 80's multistalk.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I agree about the " 80's Stalk" contraption. In my S-10, I accidently turned the wiper switch too hard and it broke. I think that same exact piece was used and just about everything GM made. Even my parent's '96 Olds LSS had the same flimsy plastic stalk. It sounded like it was snapping apart every time you used the turn signal.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Originally posted by Ming+Jan 9 2004, 05:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ming @ Jan 9 2004, 05:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LGRpup@Jan 2 2004, 10:49 PM
its that multi function turn signalstalk.  I can deal with the fact they put multiple functions on a stalk, but that one is the old cheesey looking one from the eightys and there is some secondary looking stalk on the right!!!
At least the new stalks now are made of a more durable plastic. The old GM multi-function stalks were made of shiny, cheap black plastic that eventually would crack and break on you.... They were also thinner and didn't have as good of a tactile feedback when you would use the turn signal -- and eventually that would break, too.

The design may look old, but the parts have to be new - the thing just operates and feels so much better than the 80's multistalk. [/b][/quote]
I have the newer multi stalk in my TB, but this thing really looks like the old shiney one... I 'll have to wait untill the 19th when I go NAIAS to see for sure.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Wouldn't it be terrible if the vehicle was killed in reviews only because of the multi-function stalk?-- I've seen it happen before...

·
Registered
922 Posts
Originally posted by Mr_Pringle@Jan 10 2004, 01:50 PM
Wouldn't it be terrible if the vehicle was killed in reviews only because of the multi-function stalk?-- I've seen it happen before...
Yah it was probably in C&D! I doubt the whole car will get blasted for the stalk but its just something I noticed. The only other thing i wish Gm would have done is make the side windows operational, if not roll down atleast tilt out. But other than that I like these CSV's. I am going to try to pursuade my grandpa to trade in his Silhouette for a Terraza (he's too cheap to buy the Rainer)

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by LGRpup@Jan 10 2004, 05:39 PM
The only other thing i wish Gm would have done is make the side windows operational, if not roll down atleast tilt out.
I was hoping for power-down windows in the sliding doors- I thought I had actually heard that the CSVs were supposed get them. But are you sure they don't have tilt-out?-- it would be stupid for them not to.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
The Terraza might look cool with a "Koi" paint scheme.....!

I'll look for a chop in the "Reader's concepts" section.
:p ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts