GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Originally posted by Ming+Dec 8 2003, 11:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ming @ Dec 8 2003, 11:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Canadian Camaro SS@Dec 7 2003, 05:14 PM
new minivan + SUV look = 'sport van' ???
Well, the PT Cruiser is listed as a "Truck" by DCX.... :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
I've got a better one....the new Dodge Magnum is being classified as a truck.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hudson, you have to be kidding, right? So this is how to get around CAFE regs or whatever? That is some dumb shhiii...stuff(not getting around it, that is smart but the fact that the hole exists). So the next Camaro could be a "truck" and we wouldn't have to worry about certain regs? Is that the precident this is setting? Wonder how long this(loop hole) will last?

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by Hudson+Dec 8 2003, 05:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hudson @ Dec 8 2003, 05:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2003, 11:23 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Canadian Camaro SS
@Dec 7 2003, 05:14 PM
new minivan + SUV look = 'sport van' ???

Well, the PT Cruiser is listed as a "Truck" by DCX.... :rolleyes:
I've got a better one....the new Dodge Magnum is being classified as a truck. [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bounce: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least it is RWD!

·
Registered
248 Posts
My understanding is that you could call a minivan a truck and get away with it, according to the EPA, but not the '07 Camaro (unless GM horribly screws it up :kama: ), because it doesn't have a reconfigurable load floor. I'm still unsure about the regs...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
wow, I hate this thing!
no wonder they give one lousy pic (as if the camera man was just ran-over) of the exterior and plenty of the interior!
what's becoming this brand? I was in shock after the rendezvous, now rainer and now this!!!!!!
we just have to wait fo a toyota echo rebadged buick riviera

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by johnd89@Dec 15 2003, 09:53 PM
wow, I hate this thing!
no wonder they give one lousy pic (as if the camera man was just ran-over) of the exterior and plenty of the interior!
what's becoming this brand? I was in shock after the rendezvous, now rainer and now this!!!!!!
we just have to wait fo a toyota echo rebadged buick riviera
and um- what exactly was exciting about Buick before these models?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Well, I didn't said they had exciting products like 3 years ago, but in the past I could name quite a few-hehe. Of course, the regal gs and park ultra are very nice cars. On a more seriuos note, I have a 91 park ultra-wich I like A LOT- wich someday I will need to upgrade. Now what if the new park would have a v8 and rwd? A lexus killer, right?
I'll stop dreaming right now...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think it'll be too expensive of a minivan for any average income family to afford when you can just get an equally luxurious fully-loaded Venture for less.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Originally posted by nightwave@Dec 8 2003, 11:15 PM
My understanding is that you could call a minivan a truck and get away with it, according to the EPA, but not the '07 Camaro (unless GM horribly screws it up :kama: ), because it doesn't have a reconfigurable load floor. I'm still unsure about the regs...
WHoops, I was being sarcastic. Sorry about that. It is hard to type letters with a tone! ;)

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Originally posted by DieHard@Dec 17 2003, 06:27 PM
I think it'll be too expensive of a minivan for any average income family to afford when you can just get an equally luxurious fully-loaded Venture for less.
That's one reason why no premium brand in the world sells a minivan. It's a value-oriented segment. Even if a premium van were offered, the non-value-conscious family folk are typically "above" a minivan and will opt for a SUV instead. So without an assured market, why risk casting a stigma over the entire premium lineup by offering a minivan? The case just isn't there. If GM can truly sell this CSV as something other than a minivan -- if it's really a category buster -- then maybe it's an acceptable Buick offering (albeit a cloned Saturn). But I still see this as a minivan with a high hoodline. Buick's already got the people-mover category covered with Rendezvous and the Chevy-cloned Rainier, and they don't need to enter the minivan camp.

By the way, Lutz went on record in the release as saying the side sheetmetal of the Terraza is all new. Baloney. It's carryover Venture stuff. The only unique feature is the body-colored C-pillar. Had they done the side skin from scratch, they could have hidden the door track.

·
Registered
922 Posts
If any of you happen to read the often biased car mags... this months issue of Motor Trend has a pic of the Terraza in it, and in my opinion is one of the best pics yet. I dont mind how the new vans look, so having a better pic makes me like it more.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.