GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I'm flat out impressed w/ the interior. I checked out the videos. Overhead sliding rail. WOW. The notice the commerical aircraft style pop down trays for the first two rows of seats? Can you say "In-Flight" entertainment?

With the exception fo the main audio controls, this dash has an OPEL look & feel to it. Very nice.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Terraza & the other Van siblings in January @ NAIAS.

Ken

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
usa1 Posted on Dec 5 2003, 04:21 AM

No one seemed to noticed that the third row seat does not fold back into the floor. This is a big "gotta have it feature" in minivans. The GM vans rear seat fold flat by folding foward, but this means the floor is not flush with the seats down. GM tried to cover this problem up by installing some extra plastic organizing unit behind the third row seat. This is how the current GM minivans work too with the fold down rear bench. This means the 3rd row seats will probably be thin (out of necessity to keep the fold down height as low as possible) and unformfortable like the current GM vans or in other similar arrangements like in the Ford Explorer.

I'm surprised as well that GM did not take it's "Flex Space" fold flat system from the OPEL Meriva/Zafira and integrate it for the Sport Vans. Changes to the floor pan would have been required. Must have been too expensive to rework........

Ken

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.