GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
The only annoying thing I noticed is that they made an extra special effort not to show the rear in the Exterior quick time movie. :angry:

I've also never liked the Buick new "blacked out grill". I think it looks better, and less cheap, when chromed.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by frenstall@Dec 6 2003, 10:43 AM

Yes it would look like the highlander if it wasn't a MINIVAN! Look people, just cuse GM gets rid of some of the slope in the nose doesn't make this a crossover and the first dealer who tries to tell me about their new CSVs is going to get punched in the nose. Yeah, interior is better but sadly it looks as though these things are behind the competition straight from birth, just wait till the new caravan comes.
The Sienna is a minivan based on Toyota's Camry sedan platform, and so is the Highlander.

So the Rendezvous is like the Highlander, but basically:

Rendezvous+Venture=New "sport van"

They're not really all that different, as the Highlander shares components and a (modified) platform with Toyota's Sienna.

Toyota just did a better job at jacking up a Camry station wagon into an 'SUV', but its not an 'SUV' like the Trailblazer, even if it looks like one - like most minivans, its a FWD car-based vehicle.

Where Lutz lutzzed up is where he decided not to touch the rear sheetmetal. Surely there could have been a creative way to make them lool less like the Venture from the hood back without spending big bucks. Change a few panels, not everything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.