GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't get a chance to clean the messy paper scan, but....

·
Registered
11,215 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, it was originally meant to be a re-worked Pontiac Fiero, but I didn't like what it was headed toward, so I made it a sedan and changed it into Buick instead, the hood is sloped because of that.

But thanx. :)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Eh, looks like a late 80's cougar gone sedan, with some little stick on portholes.

GrandPrix...I'm sorry, but,...try drawing "newer looking" cars, man. I get where you're going, but almost everything from you looks like it belongs 10-20 years ago. If it's ideas you need, sit down, and just sketch out a whole page of nothing but different ideas for headlamps. Just do them real rough, when that looks good, think about your windows,...etc. But if you want to create a car that's well developed and current looking it takes time.....and then after that...bring all you ideas together. It might take a few hours or so, maybe a few days, but it's worth thinking about each part, and making it all work together. Personally, I find looking at new cars while I'm drawing my rough ideas out on junk paper helpful, like flipping through a Motor Trend, or something. Just to keep my mind focused on the way new cars look, and to get a little inspiration.

But If I was sitting in 1990 right now I'd say that's one hot car.

But look at Buick now, look at the Invicta Concept, Riviera Concept, or the Enclave,...That's the direction Buicks are going. Really, just try to bring your cars current looking. It will make a huge difference. Don't get me wrong, you're making great progress, but there is room for improvement, always.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts