GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Further confirmation of the Buick-Opel tie strengthening.
www.GMInsideNews.com
August 19, 2014
By: Nick Saporito

GMI has received further evidence that the Buick brand will be utilizing the Opel Cascada as a future product in North America. According to multiple reports, Buick-GMC showed dealerships the Cascada as a future product to dealerships last week. The news provides yet another confirmation that the Cascada will be coming stateside to Buick dealerships sometime in the near future.

The first indication of the Cascada coming to Buick came courtesy of none other than General Motors' former CEO Dan Akerson. Often loose-lipped when it came to his opinion, he asserted publicly that he felt the Opel Cascada would make a nice Buick product. Shortly after, GM product chief Mark Reuss exerted his desire to see something "special" come to the Buick product portfolio, utilizing a convertible or coupe as examples.

Then in January Adam Opel AG trademarked the Cascada name in the United States. While the Cascada would wear the Buick tri-shield in North America, it would likely be manufactured in Europe by Adam Opel AG and imported for Buick's use.

According to sources from the dealership meeting the Buick Cascada will be a 2016 model-year vehicle and look nearly identical to the Opel version, down to the same 20-inch wheels. The powertrains of which the Cascada will utilize were not disclosed in the meeting, though in Europe the Cascada is powered by GM's 1.4-liter Turbo, 1.6-liter Turbo and a 2.0 turbo diesel. If we were to guess, the 1.6-liter will be the Buick engine, simply for the fact GM intends to utilize that engine in more applications in North America over the next couple of years.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I don't love the design, but it's pretty nice and would be a great addition to Buick.
Well said. Not for me, but a nice vehicle for those interested in that type of car.

Reactions: Rocket 88

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
GM while you are at may as well bring over the wagon. While I don't think these will sell in droves, it does add some much needed flair to Buick. So please GM do not be dissappointed if sales are low, which I hope they aren't, but remember every one bought by a customer will be free advertising that Buick has nice products. I myself would be interested in wagon as I already like the regal and would have bought one if available but I needed more space hence going for a Terrain

·
Registered
666 Posts
If Verano translates to "summer" and Cascada translates to "waterfall," they should have used Verano for the convertible and Cascada for the sedan.

But then, I always thought that LaCrosse should have been used on a crossover.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
It would be Logical to have it in showrooms in time for Summer of 2015 as a 2016 model but GM will probabaly have it come out in the fall thus missing A big Sales opportunity for this very attractive new Convertible. It will probabaly be way overpriced as well. Don't get me wrong this is a great looking car and truley does give Buick somthing special but building it in Germany seems to guarantee a really high price. The way things have been going lately I would not be at all surprised if this car has a $40k base price

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
This news makes me excited. I love the Cascada and I think it'll definitely give Buick a new, unique product to boost sales and showroom traffic.
The amount if convertibles on the market nowadays is kinda sad, so I really hope that GM sticks with it.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Kind of a no brainer as this should fit Buick's price points. Have the 1.6T as the base engine and the 2.0T as the optional and you are good to go.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Nice looking vehicle, but it will be 2 years late. This is a problem GM must figure out, internally. Buick N.A. should had known about this vehicle during development.

Reactions: SierraGS
1 - 20 of 111 Posts