GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,873 Posts
neither brand have anything new in showroom. saturn losts is image, and the relay(crossover sport van, not minivan!) wont help. buick lacrosse will make a difference for buick,maybe even lower that average buick buyers age a little.

· Registered
1,873 Posts
Originally posted by Jay@Apr 20 2004, 12:36 PM
Buick is dead.  Other than the Allure/LaCrosse they have nothing new.  The Rainier is nice but why not just buy an Envoy?  The Velite is very cool, but I'm sure that'll be butchered by the time it ever makes it to production--if it ever does.  And then there is that horrible 'what-was-it-called-again' mini-van (CSV...WTF?!) that more aptly should have been named 'Titanic'.

Although their cars are nice and have a solid reputation they have little to attract people from more profitable brands.  Furthermore, even though the entire line is being refreshed now, it is inevitable that GM will leave them treading water with these new models for another 8-10 years.  At their current rate of renewal expect the next Allure/LaCrosse in 2013; the 2006 Park Avenue replacement will likely be left to battle on until the end of the next decade.  Yeah, they'll be real competitive then!

I think it is only inevitable that this brand is dead.  Following the same, green mile that Oldsmobile began down a decade ago, sadly, Buick is destined for the graveyard.
i think buick will be fine in about 2 years.

ranier- there is a market for people who want an SUV, or move to an SUV but want something more upscale then a envoy/trailblazer but want something less abnoxious then a lexus/benz/bmw.

allure/lacrosse- with cadi going upscale and having more aggressive styling. this car will definately be able to find a place in the market.

terreza- ugh.. but whats done is done.

whats needed...

park ave/century/lesabre/rendevouz- kill em :plasma:

regal- all new..sedan based on CTS, own sheet metal of course.

velite- offer in hardtop coupe as well as convo. this would draw some younger buyers as well as mid-life crisis buyers. and lure market from acura/bmw/benz.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.