GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Standard Riviera powered by the LS2, GS version powered by the LS7.

Lower bumpers, different style rear window...

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Umm, don't want to sound mean or anyhting like it, but could you try and shrink the grille and badge a bit please?

Other than that, looks cool.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
DanCBJMS1988 said:
Umm, don't want to sound mean or anyhting like it, but could you try and shrink the grille and badge a bit please?

Other than that, looks cool.
Agreed, the badge and grille are too big for the car, otherwise nice.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, actually I shrunk the grill before uploading the picture to post it here.

Give me suggestions on how the grill should be shaped.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Nope, sorry, don't like it at all.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Few grilles options to those who might have not liked this grill.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Getting better, getting better. One thing I never liked about the GTO was how 'soft' it looks down the sides. The almost imperceptible curve of the top of the rear fenders, just under the side windows, is way too smooth and flowing. Even as a Buick I'd want the car to have a bit more edge. I don't think that long single cut line down the body works either. I like Buicks current look, with distinct 'hips' over the front and rear fenders (the Lacrosse rear fenders are very sexy), and think that would suit this car better.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The emblem in the grille is backwards....

The last gen riviera was a small 2 door sporty coupe, which is something Buick still lacks. It may be a better idea to work off of a different platform for the riviera nameplate.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not to be mean, but it's a GTO with a Buick grille, Buick wheels, and fender vents. You need to do a massive overhaul on the sheet metal if you want to make it look like a Buick.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know, but since GM is so good at rebadging cars, why not give a sample of what could be done temporarily to breathe new life into the Buick line? Same happened with the Tucán.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Very nice, I must be one of the few who like the GTO looks. And as a Buick it looks good too. Like a 2 door Allure or Lucerne or what ever they call the thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts