GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
4,914 Posts
Originally posted by Ming+Jun 5 2004, 09:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ming @ Jun 5 2004, 09:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MCGARRETT@Jun 5 2004, 02:37 PM

Ming....What color do you want GM to offer in its interiors?

Even when there were reds and blues offererd as interior colors, the beige and grey were the most popular ones, what do you want?
I don't object to those colors being used - but I object to the monotone use of them. I don't expect red and blue to make a comeback, but I do hope that we can move away from the all-gray interiors GM seems to love, despite many other makers moving on past that.

[photos omitted]

If I'm going to pay 25K + for a car, I want it to look nice inside, not like a rental car from 1998. Call me demanding, but GM needs as much help as it can get moving away from monotone, boring, rubbermaid, cheap gray mouse fur interiors, or it will lose sales to buyers of 25K cars like the Chrysler 300C, and eye-catching interiors in so many other models. I see GM moving in the right direction in some models, but the 2004 Malibu interior for one was a let down. The Cobalt looks better, and the Equinox, Cadillacs and the CSVs look good...even if they do use alot of gray. [/b][/quote]
AMEN, MING!

I've been ranting about this for a while. What's particularly appalling to me about the all-beige and all-gray interiors (or maybe black) is that they are continued all the way to the top of the line. The interior color choices at Cadillac are the same total dullsville non-committal boring ugly bland and cheap color choices offered on a Cavalier. Just look at the Caddilac XLR, the most expensive American car on the market. Black, or Shale (a.k.a. Snot) are your only choices.

Even Lex-***, the leader in expensive automotive boredom, has started offering a dash of color in its expensive cars. A while back I glanced at an LS430, and while fighting off the urge to fall asleep, I noted it had beautiful, rich orangy-brown upholstery. For a moment, I almost found the car desirable.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.