GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd seen these in photos before but had the chance to sit in one first hand. I was shocked that this package / vehicle isn't more popular. This might be the hidden gem you can pick up with good rebates at your local dealership when the Regal goes out this year and the Lacrosse comes in.

Personally I found it to be a more attractive package overall than the Impala SS. Kinda like a first class aircraft cabin interior.

Abboud Appearance Package
Taupe instrument panel, two-tone steering wheel, shift handle and boot, 16" aluminum wheels with highlighted wheel caps; Abboud signature accents on front head restraints, carpet savers, door cladding and tail lamp. Available with solid Taupe or two-tone Taupe/Chestnut leather-appointed interior (requires power passenger seat on GS)
http://www.buick.com/regal/

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by PontiacJ8+Jun 4 2004, 08:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PontiacJ8 @ Jun 4 2004, 08:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rex Raider@Jun 4 2004, 09:20 PM
Fat Americans like their La-Z-Boys!
Yeah, but you know you love it. ;) [/b][/quote]

·
Registered
114 Posts
Uh... what exactly is wrong with the pattern?

Fact of the matter is, it's a buick, and they're damn comfy seats.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Frankly, the Regal is, IMHO, the single most underrated vehicle in the country. As for the Abboud package, it's available without the dark chestnut leather on the seating surfaces.

And, even though they look puffy, they adjust easily and are very very comfortable.

Ghrankenstein

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Get rid of the dark chestnut and its just like umpteen-gagillion other beige interiors. I like the contrast. Anything to avoid the standard GM all-beige and all-gray interiors.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by SilverZ@Jun 5 2004, 08:22 AM
Its an old mans car.
Some people like a look that is more reserved...classy. Most women I've talked to about cars between the ages of 25 and 30 prefer a car like the Regal above (not a rental grade Regal, of course) to a "young man's car" like this:

:p

Me, I prefer to have a truck, a sports car, and a classy cruiser like the Regal Abboud or my Bonneville.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Might be a old man's car. That just proves old men are smarter than youug men.
Had a 2000, now have a 03 GS, both of them have never been in the shop for anything. Pull up to the old man at the stop light to get around him...won't happen.
Have my truck, have my Corvette and have my Buick.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Get rid of the dark chestnut and its just like umpteen-gagillion other beige interiors. I like the contrast. Anything to avoid the standard GM all-beige and all-gray interiors.

Ming....What color do you want GM to offer in its interiors?

Even when there were reds and blues offererd as interior colors, the beige and grey were the most popular ones, what do you want? That "Heinz 57" color that Nissan seems to be pimping out on its cars? They sell that interior color to 1 out of 10 customers, and I think, that if you asked the people who bought the car, they probably would not rank "interior color" as one of the reasons they bought the car.

The Joseph Abboud Regal really is no different from the regular high end Regal, except for the color scheme.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by MCGARRETT@Jun 5 2004, 02:37 PM

Even when there were reds and blues offererd as interior colors, the beige and grey were the most popular ones, what do you want?
I don't object to those colors being used - but I object to the monotone use of them. I don't expect red and blue to make a comeback, but I do hope that we can move away from the all-gray interiors GM seems to love, despite many other makers moving on past that.

Alternatives to sea 'o gray:

Pontiac G6 concept:

Opel Vectra interior:

compare to Chevy Malibu sea 'o gray on same platform:

Even basic colors can be attractive when not monotone 300C:

Brushed aluminum look plastic in excess helps kill the gray:

Gray Impala interior, saved from monotony only by wood trim:

Beige blah Impala:

If I'm going to pay 25K + for a car, I want it to look nice inside, not like a rental car from 1998. Call me demanding, but GM needs as much help as it can get moving away from monotone, boring, rubbermaid, cheap gray mouse fur interiors, or it will lose sales to buyers of 25K cars like the Chrysler 300C, and eye-catching interiors in so many other models. I see GM moving in the right direction in some models, but the 2004 Malibu interior for one was a let down. The Cobalt looks better, and the Equinox, Cadillacs and the CSVs look good...even if they do use alot of gray.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
whoa!
I never knew those special packages existed or they are so nice!
I would gladly get this over the lacrosse.

I second the oppinion about old guys and their buicks. I am 31 and have a park ave ultra and a t/a gta. The buick is incredible, also underrated, but not as much of a bang for the buck like those s/c regals!

Please, don't buy those old man's cars second hand, get hondas instead: leave me and others like me the best deals on used buicks-hehe- You'll find out what the hell i'm talking 'bout later down the road!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Originally posted by Ming+Jun 5 2004, 09:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ming @ Jun 5 2004, 09:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MCGARRETT@Jun 5 2004, 02:37 PM

Even when there were reds and blues offererd as interior colors, the beige and grey were the most popular ones, what do you want?
I don't object to those colors being used - but I object to the monotone use of them. I don't expect red and blue to make a comeback, but I do hope that we can move away from the all-gray interiors GM seems to love, despite many other makers moving on past that.

[photos omitted]

If I'm going to pay 25K + for a car, I want it to look nice inside, not like a rental car from 1998. Call me demanding, but GM needs as much help as it can get moving away from monotone, boring, rubbermaid, cheap gray mouse fur interiors, or it will lose sales to buyers of 25K cars like the Chrysler 300C, and eye-catching interiors in so many other models. I see GM moving in the right direction in some models, but the 2004 Malibu interior for one was a let down. The Cobalt looks better, and the Equinox, Cadillacs and the CSVs look good...even if they do use alot of gray. [/b][/quote]
AMEN, MING!

I've been ranting about this for a while. What's particularly appalling to me about the all-beige and all-gray interiors (or maybe black) is that they are continued all the way to the top of the line. The interior color choices at Cadillac are the same total dullsville non-committal boring ugly bland and cheap color choices offered on a Cavalier. Just look at the Caddilac XLR, the most expensive American car on the market. Black, or Shale (a.k.a. Snot) are your only choices.

Even Lex-***, the leader in expensive automotive boredom, has started offering a dash of color in its expensive cars. A while back I glanced at an LS430, and while fighting off the urge to fall asleep, I noted it had beautiful, rich orangy-brown upholstery. For a moment, I almost found the car desirable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.